What does the V key in FSX do.....

triton

Takes Screenshots of course  ::)

A few shots from earlier today, I can't get over how good this stuff looks.. anyone still flying on fs9 now  ;D ;D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just need another 4GB ram and 4 cores at 4Ghz.. :P

Top shots mate, love the presentation with the cropping and drop shadows, doesn't take long but really sets em off.

I think we should get a price freeze on all the AU regions before the popularity sends the price through the roof.

I had almost given up on fsx and now this product has brought the sim to life. Better start saving for more hardware.

cheers Ken

Triton,

Just out of interest , what settings did you have the autogen with that first shot, and what frame rates were you getting?. Thanks

arwinpoon,

In the first both autogen sliders were at max.

my frame rate was around 10 -12 fps (too low for normal flying) but I did have bloom on which hits my system for about 4 fps, and water at 2.x max.. and ai switched on both sliders at ~45% (mytraffic)

Normally, I'd fly with the autogen at Max and normal density, no bloom, and no ai ( I dont fly into large airports much)  I'd expect the frame rate to return to around 17 in extremely populated dense city areas and to be between 25 and a locked 30 everywhere else. (I just checked my config file.. and realised that I have not throttled back the trees and autogen in the file!) so I may do that to limit the trees a little, the houses are less of a frame impact than the trees.

I'm running XP Pro SP3RC2, on Intel at 3.4Ghz with 2GB of Ram, and an NV8800GT 512Mb, but with this amount of detail it's not enough RAM!!, and we'd all like a faster CPU..

I've ran the sim at 3.6Ghz and it's very smooth (but my systems unstable), I think this is a tipping point for FSX. So when I can get to a quad core which runs stable at 4Ghz, or a dual core at 4Ghz, then I would consider the move to Vista, to get to more addressable memory and 64bit and I'd love one of the second gen AMD Dual GPU boards as well :)

That's next christmas sorted ;)

Archived