Problem with orbxlibs update this morning

MD_Flier

Just an FYI in case anyone runs into the same issue. 

This morning, I fired up FTX Central 2 and saw a message about new orbxlibs being available. I clicked the banner and the installation started. It came up with a dialog box showing the correct FSX install folder, C:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\FSX\. After I clicked Ok, the installer copied all of the files and then a dialog box popped up telling me that it could not find the C:\<my_username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\dll.xml file and that a new one was being created.

I immediately noticed the error, so I simply made sure that my C:\<my_username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml contained the same lines as the newly created file in the newly created FSX-SE folder. It did, so I deleted the new C:\<my_username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\ folder that the installer created for the new dll.xml file. 

This surprised me. As I have never had a dual install of FSX-SE and boxed FSX on this computer. If I had, I could understand why this would happen but I started with a clean Win 10 install and it has only had FSX-SE on it. All FSX related registry keys, files, and folders refer to just "FSX". I did a registry search, and a folder/file search. There are no FSX-SE reg keys or files on my system.

The version being installed was Orbx Libraries FTX AA ORBX Libraries Version 160201 1st February 2016 

Thank you for the notification.

Indeed a small issue has been identified.

It relates only to the FSX Steam Edition and FTX Central.

There are two solutions.

The first is to update the libraries using the full version that is to

be found on the support page.

The second is to download the attached batch file, place it in ORBX\scripts

and run it.

ModuleInstaller.bat

Thank you very much, Nick. I appreciate the speedy response. 

It took me 11 days to notice that the update was there. I don't run FTX Central every day. Make the "master caution" light on the panel flash at me next time to alert me that one is available... :lol:

Have a wonderful day!

Michael

Archived