Combining OpenLC Areas

meccadom

Please excuse if this has been answered previously as my search does not find the answer..

I have set up my OpenLC entries for Europe 1 through 10 in my scenery manager so that I can select and load only the particular region or regions that I fly in; for example if I wish to execute a flight from Scandinavia to France I would select OpenLC entries Europe2 an Europe4 only.

Regarding OpenLC Base, is this entry also required in this example?  Or is it only used for those regions for which there is no OpenLC package?

Thanks

Dom

May i suggest that you just leave the OpenLC entries all active. They will not really impact your system resources. Yes Base is required to be active. The deactivating of non required sceneries for example NA if you are only flying in EU is more relevant than deactivating portions of sceneries in which you are actually flying. There is still conjecture regarding deactivating sceneries in regard to their positive impact but i admit i always deactivate NA and Oceana if i am flying in EU for example. Again, you will see no adverse performance impact at all if you leave all your OPEN LC EU files active.

Archived