Please help I cannot install Orbx Blue CRM into FSX-SE

I read this forum thread and followed the instructions there:  FTX Central cannot locate scenery.cfg file .

But the Orbx scenery OrbxFTXNABlueNRM100 could not  be created, here is the exact error which I received when running the install execute file that was packed inside the scenery zipfile:

"  No windows registry information was found for microsoft flight simulator X. The Orbx FTX cannot continue and will
be aborted. Please read the quick install guide card inside the DVD case on how to resolve this problem. "

My situation: I HAD FSX on my system, it ran well. No Orbx scenery.

Next I uninstalled the FSX and then installed FSX-SE.

I got the above message when trying to install.

Next I read the thread in the first  line above and did all of this:

back up the contents of your 

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE and

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE

folders to another location.

Navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition

where you will see a Registry Key named Co-existence.

You will see that its value is 1.

Right click on the Co-existence key and select Modify... and change the value to 0 (zero).

Close the Registry Editor.

You can then go to

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\

and in each case delete the FSX-SE folder.

If you see an FSX folder, delete that also.

Then restart FSX-SE and new folders named FSX will be created.

------------------

Then tried to install the same Orbx scnenery and got the same error message.

------

So how do I now make the installer find the Microsoft FSX registry information which the error message says the installer cannot  find?

Thank you.

A.C. Ratone

Hi, the FSX registry utility allowed the install to happen, thanks, and now the scenery installed.

But then I went to FTX Central to apply the scenery into FSX-SE.

I got this error when trying to do that: "Cannot find a part of the path'C:/Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\detault.x

I navigated and found the path all the way to Scripts was there on the computer, but there was no subfolder \Backup.

The Orbx scenery is not loading into FSX-SE

I had not reinstalled them because I never installed them in the first place.

So now I installed them. It did not change my problem which is still unsolved.

Recapping...

1) I read this forum thread and followed the instructions here:  FTX Central cannot locate scenery.cfg file .

but   OrbxFTXNABlueNRM100 could not  be created because no windows registry information was found during trying to install.

2) I went to this page and downloaded the FSX Registry Utility  and then OrbxFTXNABlueNRM100 was successfully run.

But the scenery could not be installed into the game by FTX Central , I got this error message:

" Cannot find a part of the path'C:/Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\detault.x "

3) I  installed the latest libraries: Orbx Libaries Version 160201 2nd February 2016.

Now there was created an FTX Central 2 which I ran.

FTX Central 2 showed DEFAULT was installed, so I clicked on North America, at that time it now showed:

FTX regions Norlthern Rockies and two boxes: Configure and Update,

I clicked on Configure.

And got the warning message: Cannot find the products configuration file at C:\Programfiles\(x86)\Steam\Steamaps\common\FTX\ORBX\Scripts\orbx_cpl_FTXNAMRM.xml

Now what  do I  do??

Thanks for your assistance

p.s. the path C:\Programfiles\(x86)\Steam\Steamaps\common\FTX\ORBX\Scripts is there on my computer but there is no

orbx_cpl_FTXNAMRM.xml in that subfolder. 

I did a search and orbx_cpl_FTXNAMRM.xml file does NOT exist anywhere on my system.

thank you, this problem is answered!

Appreciate your help both times were simple and right on point and moved me to the solution

Actually the new libraries solved it, I was just not using the new FTX central 2 correctly.

Now it  is  shifting to default or the Orbx region correctly, Orbx scenery is in the game!!

Thanks  again!

Archived