P3D version 3.1 upgrade

Griffen

I wish to use the version 3.1 client only installer to upgrade, will unistalling the 3.0 client affect orbx Global and vector etc 

etiher the actual files in,the orbx folder , that coincidentally should now be outside the ../Prepar3D V3/... Folder  but is still located at .../Prepar3D V3/Orbx/. ....   Or the enties in program data and roaming in the .cfg files 

the 3.1 has a scenery update feature as well , although instructions are not clear what files will be affected.

i have orbx Global, vector, England , wales , scotland , Eire, 

Order Number: FSS0427208
Order Date: 2015-11-27

Hi,

just to avoid confusions created after installing the Client v3.1 only, in the end I un-installed completely v3.0 and installed completely v3.1. All went fine; apart - of course - the annoying task to re-install all my stuff. But now I'm satisfied.

I only deinstalled and reinstalled the "client" and "contents". No ORBX stuff got lost, and the ORBX dir is still within the simulator. As far as I recall there were only a couple of unimportant modifications in the "scenery" part which I wouldn't care about. If memory serves me right, I had to activate P3D again, though.

Kind regards, Michael 

Hi, as long as you don't install the "scenery" package the global scenery is not effected, at least as far as I can tell. I didn't have any issues with the scenery.cfg or terrain.cfg file. Despite, I make a backup of all configuration files in case of any such upgrades in advance.

Kind regards, Michael

Archived