FTX Central v FTX Central 2

Murf Oscar

As a newbie, making pretty hard work of setting up I'm afraid.  No trouble installing AU SC4, the Orbx Libraries, and all AU freeware airports plus Holgermesh and AI Traffic Version 4 only.   .

Then moved onto payware airports selecting YSCB.  Somehow ended up downloading from the Support pages and installing not the application but the YSCB Patch file, for which no payment was sought.

While the YSCB 1.1.User guide states that after YSCB is installed a Control Panel icon is placed on desktop, the only YSCB icon was for the YSCB 1.1 User Guide.

FSX\ORBX\Scripts now contains the file orbx_cpl_yscb.  My understanding is that to remove it I must go through FTX Central\Default.

My question is thus which FTX Central file do I use?  Central or Central 2?

Or is there an easier way?  Not averse to deleting what is there and starting again if this is recommended.

Now I understand that as this is my first post I will be prompted for an order number.  Here's hoping.

Cheers,

Murf Oscar

Hi Murf,

FTX Central v2 is preferred as it is being actively developed.

Some of the user guides are a little outdated (with old pictures and instructions), I don't believe we're placing shortcuts on the desktop anymore for the control panels.

I'd recommend running the installer from your FlightSim Store account again. Then, start FTX Central v2 and see if it recommends any updates.

Archived