Earth Simulations & OOM's?

Jack Sawyer

I just installed the Isle Of Man and Guernsey last night because I have the Q400 and that's what they use in Airline2Sim's videos.  Very nice scenery, it's ORBX like too.  I read on this forum that ORBX was very generous to work with them producing these sceneries.

One of my questions is has anyone ever had an OOM with them?  Should I disable them when not near them but in ORBX's England as I have been flying around ORBX's entire UK a lot in FS Economy.

I have FSX Gold and Win 7 and FPS locked at 30 and the airports were very smooth and no frame drops.  System specs in sig.

Thanks for anyone answering.

So, anyone experience OOM's, and should I disable them when not near them?

And my friend in the UK who also has them installed said that when you disable them I'll get FTX England and not default FSX.  Can anyone please confirm this as I have no reason to doubt him.

Thank you.

Hi,

Generally, such an ultra detailled scenery has many of its item useless for liners. Yes, if you unactived it you come back to FTX England if you are in Europe mode or to Default/Global in another.

Please read the ORBX definitive guide to understand more.

It's impossible on ORBX forum to give an answer for a third party product.

Thank you Richard for answering my question.  I have a lot of ORBX sceneries.  The only reason I asked about them was because in their manual they said they worked extensively with ORBX on making these two sceneries. 

Also, I have read the definitive guide but I don't completely understand all of it.  I'm generally a user of your products and not the kind that delves too deeply into how something works.  I'll have another look at that guide.

Best regards to you.

Archived