Regional airport updated payware installer download file size

astro744

I am reinstalling onto a new SSD and have decided to download from my FSS account all previous purchases rather than install early downloads followed by numerous patches.  Why are many airport downloads so much smaller now?  e.g.  EGHA100 was 292,731KB then EGHA110 patch was 77,103KB now I can only access EGHA115 which is 78,023KB.

Do I simply install 115 (or whatever the latest is) or do I first need to install 100 followed by 110 and then 115?  If 115 is all I need why is it so much smaller in size?  If I need 100 and 110 the how do I access these through my FSS account downloads should I ever need them?  The same is true for many other airports (EGHI went from 959,698KB to 207,065KB).  Is it perhaps that some of the airport scenery has been moved to the region file that the airport belongs to?  If so then I can understand the change.  Thanks.

The reason for the changes are the way the photoreal files were processed and hence the drastic reduction in sizes. This happened when these airports were originally ported over to v2. Same reason for EGHI.

You will only need to install the latest ones from FSS for these ones.

Thanks Ed.  Are any of the version 100 files likely to be reprocessed even though there may not be a patch for them?  e.g. YBAS, YBUD, YMEN and YWOL.  If so I'll wait for the smaller versions to keep my FSX total size smaller and perhaps aid in file loading and RAM usage although it could only be minimal performance improvement other than less disk space required which is handy for my 240GB SSD which is likely to be all FSX/FTX/FS Global 2010/REX and Earth Simulations once I load everything.  I'll skip the ES if ORBX are planning the Channel Islands as part of Global airports.:)

Archived