Sunken airport - Homer, AK

Bush Air

Homer airport PAHO continues to be sunken below the surrounding terrain after removing and reinstalling FTX: NA PAHO plus installing all current patches and libraries then running Global Vector Airport Elevation corrections.  Also have lost detailed default scenery above southern Alaska with loss of lakes, airports, towns, etc.  Forwarded diagnostic Report otdee156176ef107fa520c62d9d47c9d8a to Orbx.  Any suggestions.  I'm an novice PC user.

Order Number FSS0433853 

Hi Bush Air,

A couple things to check, you mentioned all patches being installed, so Southern Alaska is up to Service Pack 4?

According to your diagnostic, it shows you also have UTX Alaska installed with Southern Alaska. Those may cause conflicts and one area of particular note is the elevation files for the airport. Navigate to "Microsoft Flight Simulator X(or Prepar3D v2)/Scenery/World/scenery" and look for "UTX_PAHO_AP.BGL". If the file exists, change its extension from .BGL to .OFF to disable it. Let me know how that goes and if it doesn't resolve the issue we can dig further.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi there,

in case of issues with UTX add-ons usually the first step is to run the respective setup tool; just like FTX Central with Orbx products doing so will trigger a background check of their required core file changes and repair those, if necessary.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

I'm confused: in your original post you state that the issues other than PAHO are outside of the Southern Alaska coverage area meaning in the area covered by Ultimate Alaska X. If so why would you deactivate UTX? Did running its setup tool not work?

Cheers, Holger

All was working fine until after I installed PAHO and NA Southern Alaska Service Pack 004.  I'm at the point where I'd like to start all over again with the FSX default scenery and and then reinstall the orbx products I have.  I'm not very skilled at chasing bugs.

Thanks   

Hi there,

instructions as to how to remove all Orbx products are here: 

I very much doubt though that this will make any difference to display issues outside of SAK, especially with Ultimate Alaska installed. Did you at least try to run the Ultimate Alaska setup tool? Just starting it will trigger the background integrity check and you don't have to do anything else but shut it down afterwards.

Cheers, Holger

Archived