Misaligned Runway lights EGPP Liverpool

Cloudrider_

Hi All.

Wonder if you could help please?
After 17th Nov 2015 ORBXLIBS 151108 update I suddenly notice misaligned runway lights at Liverpool EGPP which wasn't the case before. I'm not entirely certain FTX is the issue but it does correlate time wise. See attached screen shots.

My change log looks like this running upto the issue....

27/10/15 Soft Clouds SP2 Hotfix 1
Get problem with trees on apron so reorder FTX as per doc. All good - scenery.cfg_271015.cfg
Updated FSUIPC to v4.947c
Get new issue with VFR flight off the coast of the UK only to find no sea, but land. I then popped over to EGGP and found the local water textures looking very strange, if water at all. Then in an attempt to diagnose I jumped to EGLC to find no water at all but land all around.
Forum response - opening FTXCentral and switching between Global/Default and Europe, pressing Apply each time fixed it but LC scenery entries end up at the top of the stack, so reorder as per doc.
FTX EU Scotland v1.30 11/11/15
17/11/15 FTX ORBXLIBS 151108
18/11/15 All Good apart from EGGP RW lights out of align

I use UK2000 Liverpool scenery but this hasn't changed.
I'm rather at a loss albeit its a small issue.

I run FSX SP2, ASN SP4, FSXP3DNavaids Installer, REX Essential Plus, Rex Soft Clouds SP2, Ultimate Traffic 2, GSX and my ORBX products are shown in the screenshot. I've uninstalled FSXP3DNavaids region (as this was another suspect) and re-tested but still no change.

Many thanks

Nige

5697aba6d98c4_Screenshot2016-01-1414.06.

Screenshot 2016-01-14 13.26.03.png

Screenshot 2015-11-19 20.38.19.png

Hi Nick,

Do you know what, I thought it was UK2000 (because I've managed to add it under the UK2000 scenery folder at some point in the past, and hence in Scenery Config Editor shows as such) but actually now I look in more detail, I forgot, its actually an AVSIM Freeware. Hasn't been updated at all, so I know its not this that has changed.

Thanks for any support.

Regards -

Nige

Well it does get around the issue by virtue of removing the entire RW lighting system but I lose plenty of general detail that the package brings. I'm just intrigued where the conflict is. I will probably plumb for UK2000 paid up version, but as I'm an IT Consultant I'm into all things 'root cause' <yawn>  ;o)

Hi Nick.

It was Liverpool John Lennon (Speke) Airport (EGGP) Ver 5.0

Filename:eggp__5.0_fsx.zip

License:Freeware

Added:29th October 2006, 10:33:55

Downloads:9899

Author:Paul Derbyshire

Size:3766kb

Plus the V5.00 update that followed.

I've had this package for ages so something more recent has interacted. I suppose this is what you get with old Freeware. I wouldn't want you to burn ages on this - I'll most probably bite the bullet and purchase Uk2000, but if my suspicion is correct, I just wondered if there was a genuine misalignment in FTX. I suspect if anyone has it right though, it will be you chaps.

Nige

I guessed at that one and installed it.

However, I saw no additional runway lighting.

It is my belief that FTX airports are corrected for

location and that the FTX England version is

indeed most likely in the right place.

Why, if it is the case, do you want to replace the

airport that comes with the product?

OK thanks Nick. Well I am truly intrigued now if that lighting didn't get installed when you tried it out. Did you put the scenery above FTX - I'm sure you would have. The only reason for not using the FTX England version is its a popular flyin/out for me, and I want that extra detail not provided by FTX England. Thanks.

Nige

Archived