Snow textures

gren

Hi ORBX

I have noticed in some areas that my snow textures are showing a little "Blocky". I have attached screen shots to show what I mean. It appears to be in areas where the snow is deep as other FTX winter textures show up great. I am wondering if I have been a doosh and changed a setting somewhere since last year but I am struggling to see what. I have checked my settings as per those stated in the FTX user guides and they appear ok. Any ideas would be helpful. I am running FSX Accel with I7 3.2 ghz and an nvidea gtx 460 but I am sure its not hardware as the sim is running ok in all other areas its just these snow textures in certain areas. I have recently added some more PNW airports and the global base pack.

Many Thanks

2016-1-9_20-5-14-255.jpg

2016-1-8_17-55-0-887.jpg

2016-1-8_17-55-15-250.jpg

2016-1-9_20-2-22-913.jpg

Hi there,

see my response to a similar report here: 

I often turn off the "Land detail textures" checkbox, in Options > Settings > Display > Scenery, when the flight situation makes it likely to make the small grid pattern stand out. 

In your case the visible elevation steps in the second and third screenshots seem to stem from a terrain mesh file that is limited to 1-m vertical resolution. For our FTX Regions we compile the local terrain mesh files with sub-meter resolution but it does increase compiled file sizes and thus may not be feasible for larger areas. 

Cheers, Holger

Many Thanks Holger. I shall give that a try. I forgot to mention the second and third screen shots are from the devils tower FTX free addon and the first and last are from the PNW over Monroe First air from FTX.

Archived