Applying addon is not changing scenery

KaganArisut

Hello.

How can we make sure about applying an airport addon change the scenery with much more details?  I first took screenshot of KJAC airport from top down view  with only Base+Vector+OpenLc applied, and then took another shot with only CRM region + KJAC applied, I saw that scenery is same.  Am I making mistake by taking picture from top down view as you see in attached photos? but I am posting this issue because I see nothing detailed from aerial view also. I am confused that if I didn't installed correctly or applied addons.

Is there a practical way to check and see when we enable an addon, then how can  we see the difference?

KJAC and Central Rocky Mountains.jpg

Ftx Global Base Vector OpenLC.jpg

FTX 2.PNG

FTX 1.PNG

display5.PNG

display1.PNG

display2.PNG

display3.PNG

display4.PNG

G'day Kagan, 

What you see is correct - from a top-down view, there won't be any visual change at KJAC with or without CRM installed. The reason for this is that KJAC automatically sits above CRM, because it is more detailed. There are subtle differences around KJAC that you may notice, primarily to do with the mesh resolution around the airport and nearby Teton mountains. The biggest difference you will notice is at the edges of the KJAC coverage area (which is very large) - so for example, if you go to a nearby airport such as KDIJ, you will notice much more detail with CRM than you did with only Base/Vector installed. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hello Jarrad,

Thank you for your answer. I will check , but I also want to know if there is a way to completely disable all or some of addons like Base, Vector, OpenLC.  not by changing the apply status, because I see that changing apply status is not completely disable some addons, it only switches between addons.

tjhank you

Archived