FTX Wales POI 3d models missing

Megadyptes

I haven't flown around Wales in a while so decided to do so earlier today. None of the 3d point of interest models are loading for some reason. I tried disabling all my other custom scenery (none of which was affecting the Wales region, apart from maybe a mesh but I also disabled that and it's the same), I tried disabling all other Orbx scenery apart from the libs and Wales, but still the same. I tried reinstalling it, still the same. I did notice that there's a Service Pack 004 on the updates page, I have 003 installed (from the flightsimstore recent re-download) and FTX Central 2 doesn't say anything about an update and when I downloaded and tried manually installing SP 004 I get an error 'No compatible simulators were found for this product. The installer will now close' which is weird as every other Orbx product and service pack and freeware, including the base Wales installed fine, including the most recent Dec 13th libraries that also installed fine. Anyway, a picture is worth a thousand words so here's some screenshots of the missing models (not every one but a good sample)

llQDFKv.jpg
xFJQHFq.jpg
nnU2rek.jpg
KyWZvbg.jpg
anmVYpo.jpg
DE3U8MX.jpg
VZTO0ml.jpg
KYzJGOs.jpg

I popped over to a few spots in England and Scotland to see if I was having the same problem there but the 3d models are showing up fine at the POIs in those regions. 

I'm running the Steam Edition on Windows 10. er what else, oh scenery library position. It's in the default place where it installed to, I have the scenery library insertation point set under Addon Scenery, it does 'bunch of disabled scenery' then the Addon Scenery folder then FTX and OLC, which looks like this:

b6SDetY.jpg

I have my graphical settings set to pretty much what the guides say to use apart from a few tweaks here and there, as I said before other regions models are loading up just fine, its just Wales for some strange reason.  PC Specs, if that's important: Windows 10x64, i5 4670K, GTX 760, 16GB DDR3

23 hours ago, Megadyptes said:

I think I have the same problem. I've only just bought and installed Wales and the POIs in and around Cardiff are missing, I assume it's the same for the rest of the country although I haven't checked yet. FTX Central 2 patched Wales to 1.40 after installation.

I have just done a flight from Cardiff to North wales and all of my POI are in the correct place. What puzzles me is my main files for Wales are version 1.30 for both FSX and P3Dv3

and not 1.40 as it seems you both have. If I recall correctly the 1.40 patch was just for the Configuration Window/User Guide and not for the main Wales files. My downloaded files for FSX/P3Dv3 are version 1.30 which are the latest files for Wales as far as I know and I cannot find any downloadable 1.40 updates for Wales anywhere. Just another spanner in your works i'm afraid.

Archived