Abort......Retry.......Ignore Question

SGTMAJOR

A search didn't turn up anything, so please forgive me if this has been previously addressed.

I've been knocking myself out this last week with download after download etc., etc., trying to get my scenery re-installed. 

I have found that .........IF.......

1.  The download from Flightsim store runs it's course with no errors. 

2.  I then extract the files with no errors.

3.  Run the install......... but get an error message.

4.  Instead of aborting or retrying..............I've been hitting the ignore button and the installation will continue.  (This only happens once......maybe twice during the installation)

5.  Reboot the computer..

6.  Run the installation again

7.  The second time through it seems to ALWAYS complete just fine with no errors what-so-ever.

SO.....does the error still exist? Or was the error received the first time just a fluke?

I've even opened up FSX......did a short flight......rebooted the computer and ran the installation package one more time..........it has thus far ran just fine without any errors.

Obviously.....this isn't the preferred method I'd like to take.............however, I've spent the better part of a week chasing my tail trying to get a "No Error" download / install on some of my scenery and nothing has seemed to work.  (I have a current ticket open for the Open LC Europe)

If this is fine.......then you can mark both of these off as "resolved" and I'll press on.

Many Thanks!

Steve R.

Interesting work around Steve.

The bigger question might be why are you getting these error messages?

In all my years of buying and installing Orbx sceneries, airports and my spoiler is not up to date I have many more....I have never ever had an install error.

I wonder what the issue might be?

I too am confused of why I'm getting so many errors.

Since I own probably 85-90% of Orbx stuff......and have done Flightsimming since the days of FS3......it's not like this is my first time of installing or re-installing things.

I've never had this many issues.....ever!!

I've checked....re-checked....my computer system and everything checks out fine........no issues with any other products or installs etc.

Not sure if the FSX Steam version thing has anything to do with it..........I can't see how it would.......but I'm at a loss.

If this work around works.........that might be the fix for now.  Hate to reformat and start from scratch.

It's been a couple years on this machine, so I'm planning on getting a better computer later this year.......but we'll see.

For now.... I'll have to just deal with it until someone much smarter than me has a better idea.

Cheers,

Steve R.

3 hours ago, SGTMAJOR said:

A search didn't turn up anything, so please forgive me if this has been previously addressed.

I've been knocking myself out this last week with download after download etc., etc., trying to get my scenery re-installed. 

I have found that .........IF.......

1.  The download from Flightsim store runs it's course with no errors. 

2.  I then extract the files with no errors.

3.  Run the install......... but get an error message.

4.  Instead of aborting or retrying..............I've been hitting the ignore button and the installation will continue.  (This only happens once......maybe twice during the installation)

5.  Reboot the computer..

6.  Run the installation again

7.  The second time through it seems to ALWAYS complete just fine with no errors what-so-ever.

SO.....does the error still exist? Or was the error received the first time just a fluke?

I've even opened up FSX......did a short flight......rebooted the computer and ran the installation package one more time..........it has thus far ran just fine without any errors.

Obviously.....this isn't the preferred method I'd like to take.............however, I've spent the better part of a week chasing my tail trying to get a "No Error" download / install on some of my scenery and nothing has seemed to work.  (I have a current ticket open for the Open LC Europe)

If this is fine.......then you can mark both of these off as "resolved" and I'll press on.

Many Thanks!

Steve R.

I'm sure it would help if you could quote the error message you receive.  As it stands now, nobody has a clue what to tell you.

4 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

I'm sure it would help if you could quote the error message you receive.  As it stands now, nobody has a clue what to tell you.

Stew......

On the other ticket I opened yesterday, I did in fact quote the actual error messages I was receiving while trying to download from Flightsimstore.com................as of now.......no one has yet commented.

However, On this issue which is a different question...........the zip file has been downloaded from Flightsim Store with no error messages..........I run the the install process......... but receive an error such as some mesh problem.....or some lod# didn't install, such and such lake etc., didn't install.....Abort, Retry, or Ignore.  

If I hit the Ignore button the install seems to complete.......but the point or question I'm trying to achieve here.

When I run the install a second time, it seems to install correctly.................SO...........is it in fact a good install.....or is there still an error with the install even though I did not receive a message the second time.

Stew......

On the other ticket I opened yesterday, I did in fact quote the actual error messages I was receiving while trying to download from Flightsimstore.com................as of now.......no one has yet commented.

However, On this issue which is a different question...........the zip file has been downloaded from Flightsim Store with no error messages..........I run the the install process......... but receive an error such as some mesh problem.....or some lod# didn't install, such and such lake etc., didn't install.....Abort, Retry, or Ignore.  

If I hit the Ignore button the install seems to complete.......but the point or question I'm trying to achieve here.

When I run the install a second time, it seems to install correctly.................SO...........is it in fact a good install.....or is there still an error with the install even though I did not receive a message the second time.

Stew......

Archived