How to remove static aircraft from KSEA

grimsbee5

It's fairly easy if you know your way around ADE, but also even easier to mess it up if you don't. The statics are located within the Objects file for each airport which can be imported into your airport once opened in ADE. Use caution though as you may find that you have black boxes then showing up within ADE for your airport, those mean that the those scenery objects aren't known to your ADE and will then not show up once you compile the airport.

Hi there,

actually, since the airport object files (e.g., FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_PLC.bgl) were created with Instant Scenery it's probably best to use IS for further edits. Obviously, make backup copies of the original versions first and be aware that installing service packs my re-set your edits so make backups of your own changes too.

Cheers, Holger

Holger beat me to it.....a serious flight simmer who wants to manipulate scenery objects in my opinion should grab a copy of Instant Scenery and learn how to use its features.  I make all sorts of adjustments, additions, deletions to my scenery using this tool for freeware and payware airports.  The new version has added a feature to add roads and textured polygons, which takes some getting use to but works great (be aware that Orbx numbered textures are not all the same as the default but trial and error can identify the issues).

Archived