KBZN and duplicate bgl's

2wheelsup

I just bought and installed KBZN (already had CRM).  Great airport.            #FSS0449864

However, I noticed at the FEDEX cargo ramp this problem.

5687475116c81_KBZN2.jpg.79d3247d3c99f64b5687476841fef_KBZN3.jpg.aee1ef55ceb1780c5687476dc46b2_KBZN4.jpg.e34b35f19530e7fa

I then looked into the CRM scenery files and found duplicate KBZN afcad, and two CVX files that appeared in the newly installed KBZN folder.  So I remember reading somewhere that duplicate files were bad.  I made a TEMP folder, moved the duplicate files found in the CRM scenery files just for a test and fired up FSX.

This is what I got. 

Normal pictures showing normal scenery.

568748c748575_KBZN5.jpg.82813fc09b55c207568748cee6643_KBZN6.jpg.66b1b465b6841907568748d677f30_KBZN7.jpg.d847797bceacc3de

Upon further testing I determined the the ADE_FTX_CRM_KBZN_Gallatin2_CVX.bgl was the culprit that made the raised areas as shown in the first three pictures.

What I would like to know is should I remove all duplicate files in other add on ORBX airports?  So far I haven't noticed any other problems in the other airports, yet.

Thanks for great scenery addons,

Alan

P.S.  I have the latest updated files.

I have also been reading about lots of problems other simmers have with their various addons.  Could duplicate afcads and CVX files be some of the problems?

Just a thought...

Hi Alan,

The duplicates are intentional, they are ADE files associated with the version of KBZN included with CRM. FSX/P3D load the top-most ADE file in the scenery library, which is where issues can occur. If the ADE file loaded is from an entry higher than the one you intend to display, mismatches occur with elevation or other airport elements. What could be the case here is that you may have CRM loaded at a higher priority in the library than KBZN, would you mind posting a screenshot of your library with FTX Central set to North America, or Global Hybrid?

G'day Alan,

Everything looks in in order in your scenery library; to be honest I'm not 100% sure what the cause of this problem is. I do recall having a similar issue a while back, but after just going into FSX to check this again, I can't replicate the problem (see screenshot attached). As Alex mentions, the duplicates are intentional - the "APX clashes" that we sometimes suggest are compatibility problems between our airports and third-party vendors. In lieu of finding a fix to your specific problem, isolating the files you mentioned from CRM folders will work, and most importantly won't have any other detrimental effects to the scenery area.

Cheers,

Jarrad

KBZN.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived