The Future Is Here: Microsoft Project Natal

Jay Kae

Guest J van E

The video seems fake to me. For starters: the boy seems to be looking at the girl: he is looking at the right, where she is standing. Well, if he would really look at the girl, he should be looking directly into the camera...! And if he had done that, he should be looking at us too, because everything is flat: just like a painting of a face that is looking at you: no matter where you stand, it will ALWAYS look at you. The girl in the room sees the exact same as we do: a boy that looks to the right and not directly at here! This means this video is made to fool the viewer into believing the kid really looks at the girl.

@J van E, there is a lot of speculation about Natal going around but a colleague of mine was at this press conference:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9haih_microsoft-e3-2009-press-conference_videogames

Hear how he said at 14:55 that it would be shown to a selected audience and how he says how those people can meet Milo themselves? Well, my colleague was one of those people, I found out about Natal quite a while back but was hesitant but after talking to my colleague and seeing his own homevideo of him 'playing' Natal ... no doubt about it mate.. not a fake :)

Guest J van E

but after talking to my colleague and seeing his own homevideo of him 'playing' Natal ... no doubt about it mate.. not a fake :)

Well... then we are in for a treat. ;) It just seems to good to be true! Although the more normal use of Natal (driving cars without a controller etc.) is completely believable. Although I wonder how precise such controls can be. But this interaction... well, we'll see! It looks great!

The first link wants me to install that shite Silverlight, NO WAY that's going to happen.

As for Natal hmmmnnn  I think we might be on the verge of having a new generation of socially dysfunctional kids because they don't know how to interact with REAL people. God knows society is full of 'em now and it's only going to get worse.

Archived