1st model

VH-WCE

I thought I would go out and try making a model. This is the result...

Its an Italeri 1/72  RNZAF P-51D was a lot of fun to build! took me a whole day though :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

For my 1st model I think I did excellent!! 

I hope you all enjoyed the pics as much as i enjoyed making it ;)

I will have to start making more models!! What plane to do next... ;)

cheers,

Had an airfix Lancaster bomber once but in the war games i was playing in the garden Action man with moving eyes and real hair put my dads lighter fluid on it and up it went, I was grounded by my mam for ages ;D

cheers

Iain

Hehe I had several airfix Spitfires that crashed and burned from my bedroom window. Very impressive, with black smoke and everything. Had an awfully hard time explaining the burn marks on the lawn, and little bits of melted plastic everywhere. Grounded for the rest of the Summer as a result!  ;D

:D

LOL;  I've got the Starship Enterprise in a drawer, waiting for me to get the right paints for the details! Poor thing has been waiting five years, unassembled.

Shame on me , she was a gift!

Sue

I moved on from airfix models as soon as I could afford to, still building models but these days they have a 3m wingspan and 170cc twin cylinder petrol engines with tuned exhausts... radio controlled of course - designed for aerobatic (IMAC - minature IAC) competitions. I always seem to have one or two half finished models in the shed... can never have too many  ;) It's quite satisfying to see something you built actually flying  ;D

Vincent.

Archived