Mr

TimothyWF

I have received the Orbx Global disc   and put it on my computer and also the EU England  disc.  I am very impressed by the detail  ( this being the first and only addition to my FSX apart from FS Global 2008.) but my main worry and disappointment refers to the lack  visually of major roads not being shown on screen. I know the road pattern of Cheshire very well particularly the M6, M56 and major A55 into north Wales but they are not showing.  To make matters worse, there is road traffic on the motorway line which means that road traffic is driving across fields !  Generally, the more important the road is the least it is shown. For instance, the large M6 bridge over the river Mersey is brilliantly depicted, but it has  no motorway approaches it from north or south.   No M56 at all.   Am I missing something here?

Main exploring area to assess quality of Orbx is via FSX Cessna 171, height varies from 1,500ft to 4000ft.

Windows 10.      Flight Sim. De Luxe Edition     FS Global 2008.

Order Number: FSS0429102
Order Date: 2015-11-29

ot5f7418d2924b613ad03dffbb8fe1b4ec   Sent 28. 12 2015  Orbx form on Technical support site.

Regards,

Timothy Walker.

Hello Timothy and welcome to the forums.

The motorway network is very well depicted in the areas you describe.

I have just followed the M56 and M6 from Manchester airport to the Thelwall Viaduct

and the roads are all there in some detail.

Can you try going to for example Scotland and look for the M74, or anywhere outside the product coverage

to see if you are missing roads everywhere and not just in your EU England area?

Hello Nick,  Thank you for such a quick reply, Hope I haven't disturbed your Xmas/New Year.  Scotland disc order along with Wales hasn't arrived through the post yet but perhaps I could install it and come back to you with the results. I do know the M74.  Meanwhile I'll have a look pre disc because I haven't done that, maybe tomorrow.  Regards  Timothy.  And A Happy New Year.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Nick,
Sorry about the delay in replying :

Following my concern about the road network not appearing on my new Orbx Global/EU England and your advice to download the EU Scotland and compare
Scotland with England, Scotland was perfect. Knowing I had you to contact if all did not go well I spent some time on EU England clicking things and
generally investigating FSX Settings and the Orbx manual and after some time went back to EU England which now showed the road and rail network perfectly.
Not sure what I did but it worked.
Yesterday I was able to put EU Wales on and that is perfect too.
These Orbx scenery additions are excellent in my opinion, better than I expected. One thing I find rather curious is the UK being covered in snow. On
the Orbx forums someone new, like me, queried this and the reply was that during January and February snow is always depicted as the 'weather'.  I find
this hard to believe- surely the scenery compilers don't think we have two months of snow every year?
My delay in replying to your e.mail is that I haven't had the time to get near FSX recently.
Thank you for your help.  Greatly appreciated.

Timothy.

Hello Timothy,

I am very pleased to read this.

As to the weather, I believe it is the FSX weather engine that randomly decides

that there will be snow on the ground.

A bit like our Christmas cards which often depict snow, the likes of which is almost

never seen in the UK on 25th December.:)

Archived