2016, the best is yet to come

Kilstorm

I say the best is yet to come because I am starting it off with a smooth running sim and I have everything installed into that I use and all that is left is the Orbx quad installers.  I have about 100gig of SSD space left and having installed all my other addons of the few a/c I fly and other scenery along with all the v3 ready stuff that has already been released, I feel I can put all my Orbx addons in and still just have a little bit more room.

When I built this computer some 3 years ago and put a 500gig SSD in it, I never would of thought I would of filled it up so quick with great scenery but Orbx has pushed my folder limits and I think for 2016 its all going to be about just flying and little adding.  Use my addons and enjoy them as I really havent got to enjoy them much as I've been chasing the DX10, P3Dv2 and now v3 so there are some addons of Orbx that I have brought and never installed!

So yeah, having the sim running great in v3 I've decided not to go to v3.1 even though I could use those hardware fixes but the FSUIPC work around is fine and Im just going to fly and enjoy this year with just adding what I already brought as they are released.  Come 2017 I will make the choice of either upgrading my system or switching out some the addons I dont use with new ones.

The great thing for for me is no more OOMs, have a smooth running sim, all my favorite addons work where some didnt in v2 and even a few new releases like FSPax for example that I have missed since leaving FSX. Yep 2016 is going to be a great year for simming and not tweaking and/or upgrading. 

Archived