SOCAL question in regards to AFCADS

Shayne

After installing the Socal area and working to resolve little issues, great scenery by the way, I have noticed that at KLAS (Dream Team, and KLAX free ware that my AI, all WOAI, are not parked in the proper places at all.

There must be an AFCAD the ORBX has that I need to disable or something.  If I turn off ORBX through FTX all afcads are normal.

I am sure I am missing something.

I also still get a crash or hang when trying to start from KSNA Latin VFR even after turning off the local ORBX files Holger suggested.

I can fly into it from outside the area but it hangs at 76 77% every time.

One thing I did notice was if I reinstall or activate through FTX then I have to go back and put my addon airports above FTX stuff, does it always put them at the top of the list??

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and thanks for all the great products.

I know we always want all the cool stuff but its such an old platform that there is always a trade off.

Great work as usual.

One strange thing noticed was the solar farm outside Las Vegas was on the East side of the 15, that is the First Solar Electric Field and it should be just East like 1/4 mile of Prim Nevada.  I am not complaining at all but the large Field that doesn't show completed on Google maps is just South and on the West Side, its actually 3 large fields and that facility blinds pilots approaching from SOCAL and its just North of the State line almost directly across from the one that you have.  Strange as this has been active for a couple of years now and I am surprised it doesn't show .

I am born and raised in Socal  so if you have any questions please let me know I might be able to help.

I have found that spawning at KSNA from another airport results in the hang at 77%, while selecting KSNA from a fresh start solves the problem.  Don't know why.

Your problem with addon airports can be solved by using FTX Central to position the insertion point of FTX below your addons (saving changes).  Also, your observation about the solar farm outside Las Vegas will attract the proper attention, probably, if you would start another thread on the topic.

Cheers!

Thanks so much for the quick answer but even on a fresh start I get a hang at KSNA all the others works fine at least on start so it has to be something in the surrounding area close to the airport or something.

I did notice some strange triangular water just south of the depart end over where the old oil field would be in Newport beach as well as like the Costa Mesa Fair grounds and there is no water over there other than a small water hazard at the course.

Let me try putting KLAS above FTX andsee if that solves the afcad problem.

Archived