Commercial download Compatability V3

Tavy

Good day,

I have just purchased another commercial version of FTX AUS and YMMB (see below) and need to know if compatible with P3D v3.1 or should I remain with P3Dv2.5?   The flightsim store only says compatible with v1.4 and 2....see below

I have to install at customer premises and need to be sure before I go there.    LM only has V3.1 available to download but I still have v2.5 if needed.

Products
1 x Orbx - FTX: Australia SP4 Download
  - Delivery Option: Instant Download
  - License Type: Commercial End User
$981.50
1 x Orbx - FTX: AU YMMB Moorabbin Airport
  - Delivery Option: Instant Download
  - License Type: Commercial End User
$588.50
Available Options:
Delivery Option: Instant DownloadDownload with DVD-ROM (Digital Media Service) (+AUD$7.95)
License Type: Regular End UserCommercial End User (+AUD$569.05)
Help? Click the Add to Cart button to add this product to your shopping cart.
PurchasedYou have already purchased this product, thank you! View
Compatibility: FSX, Prepar3D v1, Prepar3D v2
Rewards Points: Earn 20 FlightSim Rewards with this purchase

Regards

Mike

Simflight

Hi Mike,

Australia SP4 is compatible with P3Dv3.x, YMMB has not yet been ported to P3Dv3.x yet but will be ported with all other airports in the near future. 

For v3.1 specifically we are also getting the ObjectFlow module ready in the next week or so which is the only outstanding compatibility issue with v3.1 specifically. If you're installing ASAP I would recommend sticking with v2.5, but if the install can wait a bit I can see if YMMB could be expedited for porting to v3.

Ok thanks Guys!

I'll talk to the customer (a flight school at YMMB) and see what they want to do.

I think if its only a couple of weeks then they'll probably want latest version of P3D but if they need before then. it will have to be v2.5.

Anyhow our ELITE plugin for P3D has only been tested with Ver 2.5 so its probably a good idea to get another P3Dv3.1 licence for my demo simulator and try it out first before embarking on v3.1!!!

Thanks

Mike

OK just did a test today with V3.1 developer licence to see if I could install FTX, which Alex above says has been done.

unfortunately when I do the unwrapping and the installer starts it only gives me V1.4 and V2 options.......no v3 option.

Don't want to be harking on this but any chance I can get some commercial licence support here please......I paid $1500 for the licences and customer is down my throat to install.....

regards

mike

Simflight P/L

Is this for AU SP4 or YMMB? The installer on FSS for AU SP4 should have V3 install options, if downloaded recently, although if commercial downloads are served from another location then it may not be updated but to the best of my knowledge they should be the latest.

I have passed along a note about YMMB requesting an expedited port, Ed handles the installers and is on holiday til the 4th I believe, so we will not have any upgrades ready before then.

Hi Mike,

As Alex says we will do what we can (given Ed's vacation timeframe) to expedite the YMMB installer for V3 but it would have been prudent of you to first check the status of YMMB's compatibility with Prepar3D V3 before making the commercial license purchase for what appears to be a client of yours. Paying a commercial license won't necessarily speed up the porting process.

Please also understand that the Commercial License cannot be on-sold to a third party. If you are not the owner of the device on which the software is being installed, then your license cannot be used for it; the end-user must purchase the license themselves. This is primarily designed to prevent our software being marked up for profit by system integrators.

Please take up the discussion using our commercial contact email address on the website https://fullterrain.com/about

Good day John,

indeed it it may be safer to go v2.5 for time being.   Timings are probably not quite right yet for v3.

as to the licencing.....I was not aware.    I'll email you separately as that does affect our business and marketing model being a 'turnkey' simulation provider.

for your info check this link of a recent install of one of our heli sims using ORBX.    http://youtu.be/qere4E8UYF8

cheers

mike

Hi Mike,

The Commercial Use License Agreement is pretty clear on this, here's an excerpt (emphasis mine):

The SOFTWARE PRODUCT may not be re-distributed, sold for non-profit or profit or subscription fees, modified, dismantled, re-developed, repackaged, delivered on CD or DVD media or any other form of electronic media by any other persons or party, website, organization or entity, other than authorized resellers as contracted or authorized by ORBX.

If you're a turnkey solution provider the end-user (your customer) has to purchase the Orbx licenses for use on their hardware at the prices we list on the FSS website. Your margin obviously is the value-added installation assurance and hardware integration services and/or actual hardware, but you can't make a profit on the Orbx components.

The video looks impressive, seems you guys have a nice IG system in place.

As I said let's take this offline to discuss further.

Ok John.....I'll send you an email explaining the issues we have getting commercial customers to buy your products.

you can be assured that we do not add any margin to your product prices.....we only add the cost of labour with installations.   The only margins are on the ELITE side.

we use 3 x IG with forward projection onto a curved screen giving a 200 x 40 degree FOV.

here's another vid showing the whole setup..... http://youtu.be/LbpkEiIlOms

and another show casing the ORBX YMMB whilst hovering next to the tower.... http://youtu.be/9-QRYsx12c4

We do similar for fixed wing except that the screen system can be simpler as chin bubble view is not necessary as with Helo.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed that FTX AUS and YMMB are now V3.1 compatible.....

Tried it out and all good.   With new ORBXLIBS even the windsocks are now working correctly with YMMB airport scenery.

Like to thank all involved with this....

Cheers

Archived