South California and LVFR KSNA crashing

jlaporte

Hello friends,

I'm having issues with the two sceneries mentioned in the title. Also see my initial post in here:
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107877-sca-compatibility-with-latinvrf-ksna-john-wayne-airport/

After waiting overnight, I gave it a try and again same crash: I start P3D v3 choose KSNA as starting airport the sim load, stop and crash at 77%.

I decided to do further testing.

- Went to FTX central and deactivated NA region (just kept global) the scenery load without any issues with LVFR KSNA.

- I deactivated in the library KSNA exited the sim, went back to FTX central and reactivated hybrid for global + NA regions -- Sim restart great, everything is wonderfull.

- I lowered my graphic setting to what I have to give me descent frame in the NGX+ FTX North California + Flightbeam KSFO v.2+ rainy/foggy/ugly weather

- While with KSNA airport, I reactivated in the library LVFR KSNA and it worked.

- I restarted my sim a few times and those times no issues, the loading screen was freezing a bit around 81% (adjusting scenery object) but it would go through it.

- I decided to try to up the graphic and then again the sim crash at 77%

- I went back to my lowest graphic setting (which were working a few minutes earlier) and crash again at 77%

This is odd, I have no issue loading at FSDT KLAX, KLAS or LVFR KSAN but KSNA is just not working for me and apparently I'm not the only one.

I want to wish everybody a happy holiday.

Holger,

Thank you so much for the reply. Unfortunately deactivating the sceneries did not solve the issue (maybe it is not a compatibility problem) but still crash at 77%.

I was able to start a flight in FSDT KLAX (on my hight graphic settings) deactivated KSNA, moved to KSNA without problems. reactivated LVFR KSNA and it worked. I slew to check Disneyland and back to KSNA, no crash. I exit the sim, restart a flight directly at KSNA and crash at 77%.

Here are the event logs if it is usefull:

Application: Prepar3D.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 63668651

Stack:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.0.10.14945, time stamp: 0x560b4abe

Faulting module name: terrain.dll, version: 3.0.10.14945, time stamp: 0x560b49cf

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00008651

Faulting process id: 0x19c4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d13ce0202369ec

Faulting application path: E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\terrain.dll

Report Id: a57b039a-a8d3-11e5-952a-ec101c67b555

Fault bucket 261804301, type 25

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Prepar3D.exe

P2: 3.0.10.14945

P3: 560b4abe

P4: terrain.dll

P5: 3.0.10.14945

P6: 560b49cf

P7: c0000005

P8: 00008651

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\Jeremy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9F96.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\Users\Jeremy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Prepar3D.exe_87d37769a883960948d94feb9b5ccb295a454e4_109ab8d0

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: a57b039a-a8d3-11e5-952a-ec101c67b555

Report Status: 0

Another test, started a flight no problems at KSLI (Los Alamitos - one of the closest airport near KSNA). Went in slew mode to catalina island and then back to KSNA, LVFR KSNA working without problems. Exit the sim, restart at KSNA this time crash again at 77%.

Hi there,

please see my update here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107877-sca-compatibility-with-latinvrf-ksna-john-wayne-airport/

I just discovered that the P3D version of KSNA installs a separate landclass file that needs to be deactivated. I don't know whether it is involved in your crashes (I can't reproduce them on my PC) but keeping the file active definitely leads to unwanted texture corruptions around the airport area.

Cheers, Holger 

Hi there,

good to hear that helped.

As for the Orbx control panel, indeed there can be only one and that's FTX Central v2. Should the older version pop up during an installation using one of the older installers (and we recommend updating to the latest triple/quad installers as they become available) then simply close it down without making any changes and the start FTX Central v2 from the desktop shortcut.

Cheers, Holger

Archived