validation failed

joemills

Having taken advantage of the Christmas sale I decided on Vector and Welshpool.

Downloads completed using Internet Download Manager. Started to install, however, while using the validation process I received the following message.

"Validation Failed: download incomplete

Please be sure you are connected to the internet and click Next to try again."

Andres of FSS has tried to find out how to fix this, but so far no success. I just appear to be running around in circles to get a solution.

This now makes me wary of buying any more downloads, considering the new Southern California.

Has anyone experienced this problem or can help fix my predicament.

Joe

Have you tried using an MD5 hash checksum program on the downloaded file? The checksum should be on the downloads page - and there are plenty of free checkers out there for Windows.

It's just possible that IDM messed things up when it stitched all the parts together (I've had this happen once or twice - particularly if the download was interrupted/resumed for some reason).

The checksum should tell you if the final zip file is OK. Also - try unzipping it on another PC (if you have one). Maybe your unzip program is failing for some reason.

Adam.

This sort of issue often has something to do with firewall or Internet security software interfering with the wrappers connection to our server. Try temporarily disabling any such software and try again, or you can use manual validation.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/fssoa.php

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Adrian Lehmann (FSS) said:

This sort of issue often has something to do with firewall or Internet security software interfering with the wrappers connection to our server. Try temporarily disabling any such software and try again, or you can use manual validation.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/fssoa.php

Adrian, I have done all this except the manual validation and still no joy.

Joe

15 hours ago, Adrian Lehmann (FSS) said:

Roger that, strange. See how manual validation goes.

Sorry Adrian, a wee bit beyond my capabilities I`m afraid having looked at the instructions.

I tried installing welshpool on a friends computer yesterday and the installation started as it used to.

I disabled my firewall and installed a free one I used to use but still no joy. Oddly, when I installed another application, the new firewall responded.

Joe.

What sort of icon do you get for the DL in your DL folder? If mine is complete a get a Zip file icon. If not I get more like a blank, white folder icon. Also, expand your page to show the file size and compare it to what you're supposed to have. You probably do, indeed, have an incomplete DL. My 2 cents.

jsapair

On 19/12/2015 at 2:18 AM, joemills said:

Sorry Adrian, a wee bit beyond my capabilities I`m afraid having looked at the instructions.

I tried installing welshpool on a friends computer yesterday and the installation started as it used to.

I disabled my firewall and installed a free one I used to use but still no joy. Oddly, when I installed another application, the new firewall responded.

Joe.

Hi Joe,

The idea would be to temporarily and totally disable the firewall altogether rather than install another one.

Did you watch the video on that page I supplied. It explains the manual process fairly well. Feel free to ask any questions about it and I will try to make clear anything you're having issues with.

On 12/21/2015 at 2:52 AM, Adrian Lehmann (FSS) said:

Hi Joe,

The idea would be to temporarily and totally disable the firewall altogether rather than install another one.

Did you watch the video on that page I supplied. It explains the manual process fairly well. Feel free to ask any questions about it and I will try to make clear anything you're having issues with.

Adrian, I have tried all that you suggested, manual validation didn`t work and I am fed up with the whole thing. I have decided to forget about about installing any more Orbx software, I can`t afford to try S. Cal in case that doesn`t work either.

Yours, Joe.

On 12/23/2015 at 8:20 PM, Adrian Lehmann (FSS) said:

Hi Joe, if you can send us your validation code (.fsc) and key (.fsk) files via the FSS contact page I can take a look at them to see where the issue might be.

Hi, Adrian,

I know that you have been trying to fix my problem but to be honest, I`m scunnered (an old Scots word for fedup) with the whole thing and am giving up. I am in my eighties and  have enough scenery to keep me flying for the years I have left without buying any more. So, stop worrying about fixing the installation problem. I am deleting the downloads from my hard drive and putting it all down to experience.

Have a Happy New Year and have a dram on me.

Cheers, Joe

Archived