You want to put a screenshot up? Read this :)

Jay Kae

• 4 weeks later...

Ha, Jay Kae! :D I just noticed you upgraded your picture upload facility! WOW! Now THAT´S what I call a GREAT upload facility!!! Awesome!  :)

OZx Image Hosting

EDIT:

You might want to fix the 'Powered by OZx Image Hosting' link! ;)

EDIT 2:

And you forgot to add (to the info on the Home page) that registering allows you to upload even bigger pics (up to 4 Mb)! (If that info wasn't posted on purpose, please delete this line from my post...!)

• 5 months later...

Having trouble using the OZx image host....

I choose my file I wish to upload....Check the box to say I agree to terms...Press upload...

After a while a box appears stating I must agree to terms of service even though I have checked the box...does not seem right somehow...Is there another way of uploading files to the screenshot forum??

Jay Kae, the OzX site said the photo was not a valid image - it is jpg from a standard digital camera.

But Tinypic treated it without a problem.  Now the hard part, to take a screenshot from FSX first.

Mac, have a look at this, all I did was save picture that you put up, loaded it to OZx Image Hosting, no dramas so not sure what went on here

Posted Image

Now my friend to take a screenshot in FSX, I actually use the attached program rather than the inbuilt V key, install it, pretty much follow the wizard and start snapping

simpicshot_1_6.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Ok ............ I have no problem getting the shots uploaded to the library ............. I have no problem adding the code to a post ......... I HAVE a problem when I'm told not to post external links  despite using the method recommended in this thread.

Any help much appreciated.

cheers

eno

• 3 weeks later...

I'd also like to ask Jay Kae something please, at the bottom of your hosting site it asks for your e-mail address for you to send the links to, hmmmm, why ? I know what the screenshots are already and they'll surely be in my gallery afterwards, is this some security issue that I haven't read about ??

Thanks.

Transport Steve.

OK, thanks Jay, I don't mind, but, the way I read it the screenshots will end up in my gallery and just awaiting a simple copy and paste procedure into whatever thread I just happen to be in. I wouldn't consider any messages from you to be other than legitimate, it just seems a bit of a waste of your time, and we know how busy you are Sir, and if I post 15 shots in at one go, that's 15 e-mails to send and delete, as all of my screenies after being put onto my favourite hosting site are then archived for safety onto DVD's, anyway, well, the good ones are...... :D

Cheerz. Transport Steve.

Hello,

I've made a bit of a pooh-paah somewhere along the line. I've uploaded 16 screenshots to the gallery, I've amended 8 of them as public viewing and 8 as private, and received 16 e-mails with the URL links to them, which is fine, however, when I click on My Photos, it only shows one of them, even after adjusting the page to show 50, so, I've done something wrong somewhere, any advice please ??

Thank you.

Transport Steve. :-[

Hello,

I've made a bit of a pooh-paah somewhere along the line. I've uploaded 16 screenshots to the gallery, I've amended 8 of them as public viewing and 8 as private, and received 16 e-mails with the URL links to them, which is fine, however, when I click on My Photos, it only shows one of them, even after adjusting the page to show 50, so, I've done something wrong somewhere, any advice please ??

Thank you.

Transport Steve. :-[

Did you log in to your account before posting them?? I've made that boo-boo several times :unsure:

Cheers,

Derek

• 4 weeks later...

Maximum file size is 2MB. Run your pic through an image editor and save it as a .jpg or .png to reduce the filesize considerably. Resizing also helps. If you need any help with this, drop me a line, I'm more than happy to get you sorted :)

Cheers,

Derek

• 2 months later...

Jay Kae, in order to upload two images to a thread I opened on Bruny Island, Tasmania, in the General Discussion area, I placed two images on the OzX hosting site. I am a bit concerned though, since one was a dump from Google Earth (for comparison purposes). I thought I should let you know in case there are copyright implications. I understand if either or both of the images needs to be removed.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been happily screenshotting for three years, but since the last forum revise I'm stumped. Image Host works fine, as always, but the problem comes when I try to post the code for a screenie. As before, I rely on the two page icons at bottom left of the screen: Image Home and Screenshots. It used to be that I could enlarge Screenshots, hit New Topic, enter name, then right-click and paste in the code. But not now. Right-click now produces a panel of options in which Save is greyed and u/s. Any advice woiuld be very welcome!

Guest J van E

Er... are you talking about posting screenshots on this forum or about some sort of seperate program or site that doesn't work anymore...? Where do you see those 'page icons at bottom left of the screen'?

Posting screenshots on this site is easy, so I don't understand where things go wrong. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been thinking about posting some screenshots that I've taken in various parts of the Orbx world, and I had a couple of questions I felt I should clarify before making a faux pas... Firstly, the planes in many (but certainly not all) of my best screenies are painted in liveries of a flying club and VA that I fly online with (many of the paint schemes have the club's URL incorporated into them, and the VA is easily recognizable.) Would it be okay to post these screenshots, or should I avoid these? And, secondly... I understand and respect the policy of not showing scenery from other companies. Should I avoid posting shots at OZx airfields, or is this okay since they're freeware over the Orbx/FTX AU scenery?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before. A quick search didn't reveal anything, but I'll admit that I probably could've dug deeper into the forum...

Posted Image

Carenado C185 at 1WA6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived