KFHR download size?

Wakashi

If you're on satellite you probably have an off-peak data allowance, no? Mine's between 2 and 8 AM and I get 50 Gb per month to burn through during those hours every night without it affecting my anytime data allowance. I could nearly download the entire Orbx catalog monthly without ever exceeding my bandwidth allotment! I usually get up about 5:00 so I have 3 hrs to get all my downloading done, or just generally run amok on the internet without any alarm clock heroics.

I had the HughesNet Gen4 service installed last May and I'm completely pleased with it. I just have the cheapie slowpoke plan, it's $50-ish bucks a month. I get about 1.7 Mb/sec pretty consistently, I just looked at my download manager's logs and I downloaded FTX global for example in 46 minutes. For $10 bucks more a month they'll double the speed but I'm cheap and I can live with 46 minutes without too much trauma, lol.

Well, hope everything goes OK with KFHR for you, have a great flight! :)

I had the HughesNet Gen4 service installed last May and I'm completely pleased with it. I just have the cheapie slowpoke plan, it's $50-ish bucks a month. I get about 1.7 Mb/sec pretty consistently, I just looked at my download manager's logs and I downloaded FTX global for example in 46 minutes. For $10 bucks more a month they'll double the speed but I'm cheap and I can live with 46 minutes without too much trauma, lol.

Well, hope everything goes OK with KFHR for you, have a great flight! :)

I started to get Hughes Net, but found out it was bought by Dish so I went for Dish (bad move), $70 per month and 400 to 500 kps (very seldom Mps) have called several times complaining, gonna change pretty soon to someone else, maybe Excede.  I usually have to go to the library for major downloads.  I am going to get KFHR anyway regardless.  Thanks for the info, what download manager do you use?  I am using IDM at the moment, trying to figure how to download at 2:00 am with the scheduler option.

I've been using FlashGet, I can't find where it has the capability of scheduling a download though but what I've done is set it all up with the link to the file and where I want it to be saved, close it, and then use the Windows task scheduler to start it again at 2:05 AM or something. When FlashGet starts up it automatically goes straight to downloading and then it just sits there on the desktop after it's finished until I wake up and close it.

Task scheduler is in Programs > Accessories > System tools (on Win7), then when you start it you'll see "Create basic task" on the upper right. It walks you through a wizard thing where you choose a bunch of options and tell it what date/time you want it to happen. I do "Trigger: one time at 2:05 AM on 12/17/2015" for example, and then "Action: Start a program" and then just browse to D:\MSFS\FlashGet 3\Flashget3.exe as the program to start. You could maybe do the same with IDM? I'm not sure as I've never used that one, but I imagine it would work the same?

Jim

Archived