Massive graph problems please help

I am having a big problem with my FSX-SE setup.

1. I am seeing strips of odd textured terrain world wide. The strips are like large parallel mismatched textures. These are blocked in what looks like 1 to 5 square mile areas.

2. There are a pile of trees and buildings in many water areas.

3. There are many lakes popping up in area that should not have water.

I have installed from Steam FSX-SE, Greenland Nook, Lukla, ASN. I have also installed A2A C172, 38 Simaddons airports, Flight1 UTX Canada V2. ORBX Iceland Global/Vector/LC demo. I installed the PNW demo as well but deleted it using the Orbx uninstaller as I did not like some of the graphic errors I saw. After all that was installed (in steps over the year) everything worked well. Recently I installed the Tasmania demo and attempted to reinstall the PNW demo. I would get an error "FTXCentral" "Duplicate Landclass index 14 Aborting FTXCentral" Fair enough. So I uninstalled it. After that all the errors world wide listed above showed up.

Things I did to rectify this:

1. Installed up to date ATI driver.

2. Through Steam uninstalled and re installed FSX-SE

3. Disabled in scenery library each addon scenery.

4. Uninstalled and removed every item of Orbx I could find from the hardrive.

I still have the trouble. If I don't get this resolved is my next step to buy a new computer? I was hoping to buy some FTX scenery over the holidays (sale) but with this bad luck I am having second thoughts. Thanks for any advice you can give.

Moe

Hi Moe,

the error message indicates that your terrain.cfg file has become corrupted and needs to be re-set; please see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

Once the graphics issues have been resolved you also need to start the UTX Canada control panel so that it re-inserts the required custom entries to terrain.cfg; just starting the control panel will do the job as indicated by the on-screen messages.

Cheers, Holger

Archived