Terrible blurries in OLC EU

metalmike

I seem to get really terrible blurries only in OLC EU, when flying airliners. I'm using FSX:SE, and I have no other European regions installed. Even when I'm slowing down and getting closer to the ground, they stay blurry until well after I've landed and am stationary in one place. I know this is a common error people have overall with FSX, but I don't seem to have the problem elsewhere in the world. 

For example - here I'm landing in Venice. I am not using any addon scenery for LIPZ, other than a simple AFCAD enhancement.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/643250027199629075/566C79C08E8B586AB05DF57988C0AC6C8F419C4D/

• 2 weeks later...

I'll admit I don't have the latest and greatest video card (new hardware is not really affordable for me at the moment). Thing is, when I fly over more detailed regions, say Norway (which I just got the other day, after I made the original post) or PNW, I don't really have the problem. 

It might also have something to do with the aircraft though, and not necessarily with Orbx. I've read a few other cases of people having this problem especially the the Aerosoft Airbus.

If new hardware is out of the question, then you might still be able to get some improvements by choosing lower settings that you current card can handle. As well as the settings in FSX, you could also switch off some, or all, extras in Vector if you have that installed.

Archived