KSQL Residual default 3D objects

Uberscrew

Hi guys I am at a loss with a recent install of KSQL San Carlos and nothing from reviewing forum content and FAQ's has been able to help so I hope you might be able to help.  The issue I have is that the scenery all looks fine compared to product screenshots except for what appears to be a default control tower placed just to the left of the payware one.  When selecting the airport from the P3Dv3 Scenario builder and choosing a parking spot there seems to be an excessive amount and some I choose place my aircraft inside hangers which I assume should not happen.  The only way I have found to resolve this is to place KSQL at priority 1 in my scenery library but as soon as I alter regions via FTX Central 2 then as it should KSQL is placed back within FTX default positions and the problem returns.  I have FTX Northern California installed as well as FB's KSFO HD, hope someone can point me in the right direction to get this resolved.

Please keep up the great work.

First, FTX Central 2 is the proper procedure for setting priorities. It is not a good idea to re-assign a priority to a FTX airport only.

Whenever you have "spurious" 3D objects in your FTX scenery it is because there is another BGL file that interferes or "bleeds through".

Usually the first sign of that is a default control tower, or a default 3d hangar/building. When you have discovered that you need to find the guilty file(s).

On a site note, it is true that for regular sceneries other than FTX, you can re-assign a higher priority to your airport and the problem may be solved but that is not true with FTX. FTX Central is the way to go to assign priorities. I already said that...

Depending on your setup and if you have an external AI program, I would look there: disable the KSQL afcad.

One other tip is to do a search of KSQL files and point those that could interfere.

I have to do this on a regular basis and when you know what you are doing, it takes just a few seconds to identify and correct.

Hope this helps.

Would you give me some feedback on how the U3415W works for you.

Tks

Pîerre

Thanks for your input Pierre.

There it was an offending bgl file sat in MyTraffic scenery folder.  I renamed as you said and now the scenery is perfect thank you very much.  I now have another Orbx classic at a steal thanks to the current sale B-) 

As for the U3415W I purchased especially for flight sim and can highly recommend it.  Firstly it looks awesome when switched off and will compliment any rig.  The colour is very natural and needs no calibration out of the box.  The resolution is stunning and though not quite 4k is still a step up from HD.  The extra screen real estate means you have a much larger field of view without the need to change to wisescreen aspect ratio in the sim.  You can pick the screen up now at a much better price than when first released.  Make it your next system upgrade you won't be disappointed!

I thought all was well with the install but during a walk round in avatar mode there are missing objects such as the top of the aviation museum sign, missing cars in the museum car park and the static museum exhibit on the roof and in the car park weird!  Any ideas on how  to rectify??????

You may need to re-install KSQL. But first make sure your FTX Central is started up and all is ok.

You mentioned "install", don't forget that for every install you need to update the libraries: FTXORBXLIBS 151108.

So install the libraries and see how it goes from there.

Pierre

Archived