ORBX 35% sale immediately before purchase

filmfanatic

Hello,

I purchased FTX Global on November 26 and within an hour of this purchase I found it was on sale for 35 per cent off! It was discounted before I'd even been able to download it and yet I paid full price. I've been waiting a long time to purchase it as it is quite an investment - so for it to go on sale literally within an hour of me buying it is pretty frustrating. I held off activating it online and asked FlightSimStore whether there was any way I could get a refund or credit and buy it at the sale price given the extenuating circumstances. However. they took several days to respond to my request, and told me yesterday it was out of their hands I needed to contact  ORBX directly with my request. I appreciate this would be a gesture of goodwill on your behalf, but as you can see from my order history I am a loyal ORBX customer. I am hoping to buy more ORBX products now that they are on sale but obviously this issue of of concern to me.
Appreciate your understanding (and hoping for the best).
Kind regards,
Adam Joyce

Not necessarily so. I have previously worked in retail (Kmart Australia, and there are similar policies in all Coles Myer stores, as well as at a lot of the major retailers) and if you buy a product and it goes on sale shortly after, you are able to return it (obviously intact) with a receipt and then purchase it at the discounted rate. If you go to the service desk they simply refund you the difference. I appreciate an online store in a slightly different situation but there are ways and means.

Adam, this has been asked and covered many times here before. As Chunk mentioned, you're out of luck and just bad timing. A lot of times online software stores are different from walk in retailer where you buy a physical product and can either get aprice match or refund then repurchase at the new lower price.

Having said that, a lot of sim developers have holiday sales, so if your low on funds but considering purchasing an addon near a major holiday you might want to hold off and see if they go on sale. Worst case scenario if there is no sale you purchase at full price and won't have buyers remorse  if a sale starts the next day. 

What happened to you has happened to me in the past and I just had to accept that it was bad timing on my part and I know going forward if there is something I want but can live without, I may wait for the holidays to see if it goes on sale. 

One other thing to consider. If they make an exception for you and refund the difference, then they'll have to make the exception for everyone. Which raises another problem, how far back prior to the sale do they consider refunding the difference? Purchases made one day, two days prior to sale? It would create a lot of extra work for them or the vendor. Much easier to just not open that can of worms and have a set  start date and end date of the sale and no refunds for people who purchased prior to the sale.

Hope this helps.

Archived