Southern Alaska Land/Water Texture Issues

Rowcoach

Good morning,

I have a quick question regarding textures. I recently download South Alaska and did a short flight out to Atlin (CYSQ). The new airport looks great! The issue I had was with the scenery surrounding the airport. While my GPS showed me over water, I had squares showing water, others showing ice, and some showing land. From the MSFS map, I should be over a large body of water. I tried changing seasons, and the results were the same. I tried the same flight in the summer with the weather turned off (I'm using Active Sky with REX, but I haven't had any issues with that previously). I've included pictures of both winter and summer.

I have FTX Central with North America active. I also have FTX Global, FTX Vector, and FTX open LC Alaska/Canada, but they are turned off.

What can I do to make the land/water textures looks a little more realistic?

Thanks,

colni

SA_CYSQ.jpg

SA_CYSQ_Winter.jpg

Hi there,

welcome to Orbx!

Make sure to install the current Orbx libraries -- https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs -- then run FTX Central v2, select North America, and press Apply.

Also, the openLC NA manual outlines the correct order of entries in the scenery library menu and FTX Central has the library insertion point tool to make that step easy for both the FTX and the openLC (OLC) blocks.

Cheers, Holger

Archived