Question (kind of) related to checking Orbx installs

RLSinCO

Hello all,

Been awhile since I've been on the forum, but I just read (with some amusement too) the long thread about Orbx running checks for illegally installed software and I have no problem with that.

However, on a related note, - I have a question.

Since I bought my Alienware PC a couple of years ago, I have run FSX on my C:\ drive which was a 256GB SSD drive.  Not in Program Files, but in it's own directory hence: C:\FSX\.  A couple of months ago, I bought a new 256 GB Samsung Evo Pro SSD exclusively for FSX.  I merely copied the entire FSX directory over to this new drive, which is now D:\FSX\

I then used the publically offered utility to run a regedit fix to change the installed path of FSX:  FS_Registry_Repair.exe

For the most part, everything runs fine but occasionally when I start up one of my payware add-on aircrafts for the first time, I am asked to re-register certain modules, etc. So clearly I need to re-establish some registration for some files...

And now on to my question: I have MANY Orbx products (and NO "try before you buy" installed) - could my next installation of Orbx libraries interpret this change from one drive to another as pirated?  I am still on Win7 by the way and would like to stay that way for now, thank you!  :-)

PS: My order #s (sorry, just logged onto the Flightsim Store and copied them all but didn't associate names); some of these order numbers are for multiple sceneries:

Order numbers added to your signature.

Archived