Can't Install ORBX

tigermothpilot

I hope someone can help me, but I'm having a problem installing ORBX into FSX (boxed and/or SE). I have just done a clean install of Win 10, and downloaded and installed FSX SE and ran it. All went well, and then I started to install ORBX. I started with AUS, it installed, then the airfields, they installed, then Holgermesh, Traffic, and finally the latest libraries. After installed the libraries, ORBX vanished! There was no ORBX directory in FSX.

I then uninstalled FSX SE, removed all traces of it, per the instructions on the ORBX site, used cc cleaner etc, and installed FSX boxed. The exact same thing happened. I have P#D v2.5 installed, and at this stage, have not tried an intall on it.

I've been using ORBX products on FSX and P3D for years with no problems at all. This has me flummoxed!

I humbly admit to installing one ORBX airport that I had in my files, which I did not buy. This has caused ORBX to crash, and quite rightly too. I have a large collection of legitimate ORBX software which I use and enjoy, and have paid the price. If I have to reinstall windows to enjoy ORBX again, so be it, but I think I'll wait a while. I have learned a salutatory lesson.

I humbly admit to installing one ORBX airport that I had in my files, which I did not buy. This has caused ORBX to crash, and quite rightly too. I have a large collection of legitimate ORBX software which I use and enjoy, and have paid the price. If I have to reinstall windows to enjoy ORBX again, so be it, but I think I'll wait a while. I have learned a salutatory lesson.

Bravo to you sir, for having the courage and honor to forthrightly admit to making a mistake. It is a refreshing change to the excuse-making or outright denial of many who were caught out by the recent update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived