KSQL causing CTD (g3d.dll)

ShinjoB

Hello ... I'm having a major issue with CTDs that I've isolated to the ORBX KSQL airport. Here's the crash report:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Prepar3D.exe
  Application Version:    2.5.12945.0
  Application Timestamp:    55145f5e
  Fault Module Name:    g3d.dll
  Fault Module Version:    2.5.12945.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    55145fd7
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00028bdf
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    9e27
  Additional Information 2:    9e2778096e7e1e2a2e0302fe58f3eea8
  Additional Information 3:    9e27
  Additional Information 4:    9e2778096e7e1e2a2e0302fe58f3eea8

Recreating the error is pretty simple really. When I have FTX NCA and KSQL loaded, and load any aircraft (default or A2A) at KSQL, I CTD with the above error. Loading into KSQL with FTX NCA enabled but KSQL disabled (by editing scenery.cfg) works fine. Also, loading into a nearby NCA airport such as KLVK or KSTS and then re-enabling the KSQL scenery works without error. Interestingly KPAO also causes an error.  

Loading into KSQL using FTX Global and Vector does not cause any errors. 

I've tried several things to fix, including removing/reinstalling all ORBX products, re-installing to a hard drive image from before any ORBX products were installed, as well as blowing away the entire P3D folder in AppData. The problem still persists regardless.

I'm running Prepar3d v2.5 on Windows 7. Let me know if there are any other details that will help troubleshoot. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Shinjo,

I suspect what you are seeing is the autogen description files not being up to date. Make sure you have the latest Orbxlibs installed and ensure that North America is applied in FTX Central. It may pay to cycle between groups and apply in between to ensure the autogen files sync properly.

Some further discussions can be found here (more can be found with entering ksql crash into the Search box)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/95707-ksql-san-carlos-airport-bug-with-fullterrain/#comment-868937

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/94619-ftx-na-ksql-san-carlos-is-crashing-in-prepar3d-pro/#comment-859100

This has been reported some times before and all been resolved with ensuring the latest autogen files were correctly installed and active

Thanks. I have the latest libs installed (at least according to FTX Central) and I know I've switched back and forth between global and NCA a couple of times. This has also happened when NCA/KSQL were the only products installed.  But I'll check again tonight. 

Any logs I should be looking at? 

Archived