Hi Philip,

Where in the big wide world are we in your picture, can you provide co-ordinates > in FSX use SHIFT+Z to display. Take another picture in the same location with co-ordinates included.

Could you also refrain from using "ALL CAPS" in your topic titles and post message using all caps is considered as "shouting".

A more descriptive "Topic title" would also be better than just using your first name to indicate your issue.

ok.  the reason I use all caps is because I am a very slow typist.  the screen shot is a top view right over port Columbus international airport in Columbus, ohio, usa (kcmh).  as you can see the scenery is the repetitive squares, etc.  this is after I installed ftx global. 

Hi Philip,

I am a slow typist as well, but mainly for visual reasons, having caps applied does not speed up nor enhance my typing. The use of caps rule still applies, "Orbx staff and Orbx Announcements" are the only legitimate use for ALL caps in Topic titles, it is good forum etiquette use lower case in the body of text, Caps are allowed for beginnings of words ICAO codes & FTX Product titles where applicable.

Now on to your scenery issue. I have taken a comparison picture from above (KCMH) in Idaho, it shows much the same as yours. The repetitive nature of the textures is inherent within FSX and will not change until you install FTXVector & FTX OLC NA/CAN/AK, these 2 products combined with your FTXGlobalbase textures replacement of Default FSX:SE textures, 99% will transform your repetitive textures to something more resembling natural ground scenery. (It is also recommended to install a good mesh product such as FTX Pilots FSGlobal 2010 when you have -  Base Vector & OLC). FTXGlobal on its own cannot change what the FSX engine displays, only the quality resolution and type of texture required by default and the Autogen placed upon those tiles. FSX as default will also display repetitive tiles just at a much lower quality and much less range in variation. ( Lots of desert tan with default)

My FSX:MS boxed version - with FTXGlobal Base - below

6bd8da28365bdbd80b0e0bdfc49a1fba.jpg

Archived