ObjectFlow_ICAO.dll depreciated?

Perk

Now that the ObjectFlow_p3d.dll has been released, I'm fooling around a bit in an unsupported manner.  Just one quick question - have the ObjectFlow_ICAO.dll files for specific airports been depreciated for P3Dv2+?  I've noticed that a lot of the airports I've got installed in P3Dv2 with the supported installers do *NOT* have the .dll in their specific install directories.

For example, I have this line in my P3Dv2 dll.xml:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_PAKT.dll</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>F:\Games\P3D\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT\Scenery\ObjectFlow_PAKT.dll</Path>

However, that file does not exist at the specified location, despite Ketchican being installed into P3Dv2 with the P3Dv2 installer.   Wondering if the functionality has been rolled into the general ORBXLIBS ObjectFlow.dll, or if my P3Dv2 install is missing the .dlls and I just never noticed.

Yes, the use of individual ObjectFlow modules for airports has been deprecated and is being phased out as airports get updated to Prepar3D v2/3.

All airports that have P3Dv2+ installers should now be directed toward our common module (ObjectFlow.dll) which resides in the libraries. As long as the ObjectFlow XML controllers are not calling the airport-specific module (by having _ObjectFlow_ICAO.xml on the end) and use the common module (having _ObjectFlow.xml) on the end, then there is no need for a DLL in the airports directory anymore.

Hope this helps :)

Archived