KEKA request

dannybobmusic

Hello, first let me say that I am thankful for Orbx release of KEKA.  For the most part I think it's great.  I love the buildings and the overall attention to detail.  However, I would like to mention two things I have an issue with.  First, the grass at Murray is not always mowed and brown.  In real life, it is green from late fall to late spring.  They usually mow it in late spring.  I took a fsx flight in April and the grass is brown.  Is there a way to re color it to more accurately portray green grass?  My other issue is the coloring difference between the high def photo where the airport is, and the lower quality photo surrounding the airport.  The High def photo is much higher color saturation than the lower def photo.  it is very obvious when making the most common approach from the south.  The lower def image is bland and lacking in color saturation.  Very gray almost washed out looking.  Is there a way to re color this image so it that it matches the coloring of the higher def image?  I've thought a lot about whether I should mention this complaint.  I don't mean to sound negative or overly critical.  I just think it should be better.  Hope this doesn't cause too much trouble.

I just did a test flight around and I'm not seeing the difference in colour.  There's a difference in resolution but that's due to available imagery.

The available imagery is also what is creating your grass colour problem.  The imagery contains the recently mown grass and that can't be changed as only one image is available for any project.  I'm not the developer but I suspect that any attempt to colour that mown grass as green would just look wrong.

Guess it's just one of the limitations of FSX etc, gotta live with it.  

Hello John,

it's not the resolution, it's the color saturation.   I'm aware of the resolution differences.  The best way to see the color difference, is to set up your aircraft on the runway and hit f12 or top down view.  Zoom out so you can see the airport and the surrounding area.  You will see quite clearly the difference in color saturation.  As to the brown mowed grass issue, I would much prefer the developer color it green even if it is actually brown in the original image.  I've done it in some of my personal projects and it works well enough.  It's definitely better than having brown grass in the winter and spring.  It ends up looking like summer all the time. 

I just did a test flight around and I'm not seeing the difference in colour.  There's a difference in resolution but that's due to available imagery.

The available imagery is also what is creating your grass colour problem.  The imagery contains the recently mown grass and that can't be changed as only one image is available for any project.  I'm not the developer but I suspect that any attempt to colour that mown grass as green would just look wrong.

Guess it's just one of the limitations of FSX etc, gotta live with it.  

Archived