prepar3d V2 orbx products work on prepar3d V3?

Hi 

Since I have installed Prepar3d V3 and ftx global, I want to know if for instance I download pago pago airport scenary, will it run on my simulator considering that I have installed ftx global for prepar3d v3 and pago pago for V2.

Thanks for your support. I want to buy it but I dont knok if it will work properly.

Regards

Juan

Hi Juan,

Here is the list of products that officially work in Prepar3Dv3:

https://www.fullterrain.com/sim/P3Dv3

All other products do not yet have installers that will install into the sim, you can try porting things over but it is not supported. We're working on rolling out P3Dv3 installers as quickly as possible for the whole product catalog :)

Regards,

Alex

We're working on rolling out P3Dv3 installers as quickly as possible for the whole product catalog :)

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex, That sounds very exciting! Was wondering if you could answer a question of mine about v3.  When v2 came out there was a lot of work needed to remove certain shadows since P3Dv2 could offer those instead and things like that plus having to move objects at certain fields due to altitude and how they got moved in v2.

My question is that its my belief a lot of ground work has already been done in v2 and for v3 its a matter of object flow that would be the big thing..am I correct or has v3 also changed the playing field on other parts of the scenery that differs from v2?  It sounded very promising that LM created a fix for the altitude issue which might speed up the porting of those fields affected by that.

I dont mean for you to get into details as I know great things are coming so its not like Im pressing you to answer a time thing just curious if as a developer the move from v2 to v3 is a lot easier having done a lot of the work already compared to making things v2 ready.

Hi Alex, That sounds very exciting! Was wondering if you could answer a question of mine about v3.  When v2 came out there was a lot of work needed to remove certain shadows since P3Dv2 could offer those instead and things like that plus having to move objects at certain fields due to altitude and how they got moved in v2.

My question is that its my belief a lot of ground work has already been done in v2 and for v3 its a matter of object flow that would be the big thing..am I correct or has v3 also changed the playing field on other parts of the scenery that differs from v2?  It sounded very promising that LM created a fix for the altitude issue which might speed up the porting of those fields affected by that.

I dont mean for you to get into details as I know great things are coming so its not like Im pressing you to answer a time thing just curious if as a developer the move from v2 to v3 is a lot easier having done a lot of the work already compared to making things v2 ready.

The jump from V2 to V3 is much smaller than FSX/P3Dv1 to V2 was, doing the initial porting to Prepar3dv2 takes care of much of the more difficult work. So hopefully the transition will be easier, as the porting gets more underway for airports we'll know a bit better if there are any big obstacles.

The tessellation shift issue that exists in P3Dv2, was fixed in P3Dv3.  So that means high-altitude airports that were ported from FSX to v2 with additional work to correct the shift issue, might need some work to undo that correction in v3.

That's one of the biggest things, it's an annoyance to have to re-do but good for the sake of having things "right". The FSX and Prepar3Dv1 branches of airports serve as a good helper there, they have none of the V2 shift-fixes applied.

Archived