FTX: EU England FSX Crashing

dba27

Hi All,

I purchased and installed FTX EU England and the Orbx Old Warden Scenery. I installed EU England first and then Old Warden. The scenery runs ok but since installing it FSX crashes after an intermittent amount of time. Has anyone else experienced this problem. I am new to Orbx products so may be missing something here but I did follow installation instructions to the letter and all seemed to install without issue.

Would appreciate any help with this problem.

Regards,

Darren

As you say you are new to orbx, here goes !

You say you followed the instructions to the letter, so let's confirm a few things:

1. You extracted the the download zip file, and did not install just from the zip?

2 With no other orbx addons I assume, you then pointed the install to your correct sim? 

3. You ran the lastest orbxlibs file at the end of installing both products?

4. You opened FTX Central and chose Europe?

5. You ran your sim?

6. Your sim then crashes after an undetermined time using that scenery?

You also need to add a few things to your signature here in the forum.

Other addons you have and where you have placed FTX in the scenery library via the FTX Central "Settings" / Tools/Library insertion point tool.

Inform us of your FSX settings when you are getting this crash.( Graphics/ Scenery -autogen/ai traffic.

Preferably your system specs and OS.(this can help determine if your crashes are due to over stressing your system and other things.

You must advise the order number of your purchased FTX products to get any formal support to your queries.

If you can answer the 6 questions and provide the requested details, I am sure you will get the help you are seeking.

You should also post this topic in the FTX Payware support forum, not here which is the Open LC forum, and not the product you are having a problem with.

After all that : Welcome to the FTX Forums !!

Thanks for your reply jjaycee1, much appreciated.

From the points you listed the only one I cant recall completing is step 3. I am currently downloading the orbxlibs file and will run it.

My system specs are as follows...

Intel Core i5 760 @ 2.80 GHz

8 GB Memory

Windows 7 64 Bit

AMD Radeon HD 5450 (Want to upgrade this so any advice would be appreciated).

2TB Hard Disk.

I have many addons for FSX, most of them are aircraft. I don't have any payware scenery for the UK apart from my Orbx scenery.

I will let you know how I get on running the orbxlibs file and will test system.

Regards and thanks

Darren

Looking at your specs you may be having OOM (out of memory) crashes. When your PC crashes are you getting any message?

FTX scenery is very demanding and i suggest if you look in the product manual you will see orbx suggested settings relating to different spec PCs. I would also experiment with the lowest settings i.e try Default and use a default plane like the C172. See what happens. If all is good, then try upping a setting and see if that is OK.

You don't mention what settings you use when you experience the crashes, nor what plane you are flying, nor AI setting. If you are using AI and try to fly out of Heathrow for example you grind to a halt with your spec PC. Addon heavies are also very demanding on the system.

The more details you can give the better. Try a flight and inform me which airport, with what plane and settings, on a flight that crashes. Also duration of the flight before crashing. I do think it is that you are running out of memory, as you seem to be able to fly for while and then it crashes. That would indicate there is a system resource failure happening. OOM, overheating a CPU or GPU or something similar. Does not appear at this stage, with the details you have given so far, that it is a Scenery problem.

You can PM me if you want and we can try to sort it out, rather than occupying a forum slot. I notice you have posted this problem in the FTX support forum, so we will see if you get any more knowledgeable responses. In the meantime try what i have suggested.

Archived