Naming/Numbering of Service Packs

Bassman

I am confused by the numbering system specifically as it applies to Australian regions.

Most recent service pack is numbered "Service Pack 3" and is for use by all those who have FTX AU Blue, Gold, Green, Red, FTX AY SP2, FTX AU SP3 and FTX AU SP4.

This service pack is cumulative and includes SP2, SP3.001, SP3.001b, SP4, SP4.001 and SP4.002.

Seeing that we are now up to SP4.002, and presuming that SP stands for Service Pack, why is the most current called Service Pack 3?

Cheers

Dan

EDIT: Woops, sorry Alex didn't see you there above, need to check my TCAS before pressing  "post"

Hey there Dan,

The current AU Service Pack is SP4.003  It is cumulative, meaning it has all previous patches SP2, SP3.001, SP3.001b, SP4, SP4.001 and SP4.002 patches, and also installs Vector Road Lights (3D Lighting) for Australia. Found on Fullterrain support page, or through FTXCv2 Auto Update.

The Current FSS DL for Australia is SP4.003.

So if you have SP4.003 you are up to date. There was a recent AU update for P3Dv3 fliers, which can be Downloaded through your FSS account. It includes new installers for P3Dv3 as I understand, with no new content, therefore if you are still using FSX or P3Dv2.5 then no need to update to the new installer version, even though it caters to all sim variants.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/104597-ftx-australia-and-england-new-installers-p3dv3/

Archived