Object Library Location(s)

Rowcoach

Good evening,

Downloaded the NA freeware today. Great work on all the added airports. I checked out CYTH. The only issue I have is the static aircraft. They look good, but neither FlyBE or Eastern fly that far to the east :)

I've figured out how to use ADE to remove the static planes. The problem is I'm still getting small black boxes around the airport for undefined objects. I was able to find scenery files within the NA airport file. And I think I found the updated scenery library within the AU airport file. Are there any object libraries that I'm missing? I'd like to get rid of all the black boxes before I compile the airport file.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Colin

I used the FlyBE and Eastern aircraft as they are the best available in the OrbxLibs that match those in Thompson. It's possible there are some objects from other orbx libraries that have not be added to your library list. Usually these are just small objects around buildings. If you could post a picture showing the black boxes I could have a look to see what they are. We usually use Instant Scenery to place most objects - It searches your hard drive for all library files so they are all available.You may have missed something in a small library somewhere although I don't think I did any custom buildings for Thompson so that probably isn't the problem.

Larry

These are small sheds and buildings in a file called Shops Sheds Warehouses - it should be with the other OrbxLib files. ADE will compile fine without them loaded into libraries. Just a note. It's OK to remove the aircraft from the files for your own use but as the airports are ORBX products you cannot distribute to anyone else except through ORBX.

Larry

• 2 years later...

I am trying the Orbx freeware package for North America. I fly the Midwest and South East so finding Russian Aeroflot Airlines maintenance hangers at all my regional airports as well at Air National Guard and Coast Guard bases was disappointing since it is totally unrealistic.  After the first install I deleted all all texture and scenery files that had the words Russia or hangar, and surprisingly when I went to some of the fields in question the Aeroflot hangers were gone, but I did the next upgrade and they reappeared.  I couldn't find any files like the first ones and I've checked and unchecked the load or do not load  boxes in settings, and I've also deleted the FTX box in my FSX SE settings.  The Aeroflot hangers are still there.  I hate the thought of uninstalling FSX and starting from the beginning so if anyone can advise me, I would appreciate it.

Archived