CTD P3Dv3 Autogen Vegetation Density

downscc

I don't think this is an Orbx issue, but the association between an autogen vegetation issue and FTX Global prompts me to post this.

I hope someone else has been through this and has found the solution.

I only had two flights in P3Dv3 before installing FTX Global with compatible installer (FSS0416505), but since then I always experience a CTD after about 2.1-3.4 hrs and the error is always the same.:

Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[0].Value=Prepar3D.exe
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[1].Value=3.0.10.14945
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[2].Value=560b4abe
Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[3].Value=MSVCR120.dll
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[4].Value=12.0.21005.1
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[5].Value=524f7ce6
Sig[6].Name=Exception Code
Sig[6].Value=c0000005
Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset
Sig[7].Value=0000ee2c (sometimes 345ac)

The exception code is access violation.  I acknowledge that neither textures nor modifications to the terrain.cfg file that the FTX Global installer performs should cause an access violation, but again I am just looking for ideas.

I can set the simulator back to default state (default prepar3d.cfg, dll.xml, exe.xml, scenery.cfg and terrain.cfg) and no CTD. I can add things back and no CTD. Once the value for this single item is changed from default I get a CTD:  autogen vegetaton density.

Any suggestion is welcome. Thank you.

Update here, what we have found is that for some users any non-default scenery value will cause a CTD after two or more hours, I have been avoiding this odd behavior by simply pasting the default [TERRAIN] section into my active prepar3d.cfg file.  That configuration allows crash free sessions for me and a few others.  My  'normal' includes FTX Global for v3, FS Global 2010 textures and Ultimate Americas mesh. The other stuff like PMDG ASN and FSUIPC was easilty ruled out so it's most likely a LM problem but I did not uninstall Orbx or Pilots products in the testing so there's that slight chance of implications.

Turns out that the autogen setting alone could not be isolated, it's either the interaction of settings or something... unknown.

Can you elaborate on this:

"pasting the default [TERRAIN] section into my active prepar3d.cfg file.  That configuration allows crash free sessions for me and a few others.  My  'normal' includes FTX Global for v3, FS Global 2010 textures and Ultimate Americas mesh. "

Do you mean pasting the TERRAIN section of the default .cfg file into your modified (normal) .cfg? 

Then what do you mean by your normal including FTX etc..   ?

I'm having similar CTD's, but only in certain areas.

Maybe there is sth other wrong at your installation/setting. I am running FTX Global and PNW, UTX V2 USA, T2G KSEA all FlightBeam and FSDT airport as well as PMDG V3 compatible birds 777 and NGX. I did several flights longer than 3 hours and different autogen settings, but never experieneced a CTD, neither OOM nor MSVCR120.dll related.

I know this would not help you but I want to suggest also to look into other directions.

Harry

Can you elaborate on this:

"pasting the default [TERRAIN] section into my active prepar3d.cfg file.  That configuration allows crash free sessions for me and a few others.  My  'normal' includes FTX Global for v3, FS Global 2010 textures and Ultimate Americas mesh. "

Do you mean pasting the TERRAIN section of the default .cfg file into your modified (normal) .cfg? 

Then what do you mean by your normal including FTX etc..   ?

I'm having similar CTD's, but only in certain areas.

Sorry, it made sense in my head.

Yes, a copy of the [TERRAIN] section from a default config file pasted to my prepar3d.cfg file in use.  I was including a short list of add-ons that I have in use in my normal configuration, which includes the FTX Global and now Vector products, and it has nothing to do with the config file. I use normal configuration as opposed to default configuration, which is where I start in my testing to make sure there is no CTD in default setup.

Harry, thank you. We are aware that most users do not experience this error but not sure what is going on under the hood.  Many times and a group of several, we go to a configuration without crash and start adding things back until a crash and it is the terrain section that does it. Restore the terrain section to default and crash goes away,  change a terrain section setting and crash reappears. Repeatable but unexplainable.

Sorry, it made sense in my head.

Harry, thank you. We are aware that most users do not experience this error but not sure what is going on under the hood.  Many times and a group of several, we go to a configuration without crash and start adding things back until a crash and it is the terrain section that does it. Restore the terrain section to default and crash goes away,  change a terrain section setting and crash reappears. Repeatable but unexplainable.

I see you were/are a beta tester.  Been there!  I've reread your post twice.  Not enough info to help you and I would like to. 

But...........  need to know the follow if you would like to pursue this.  Just quote or like my post and I will then revisit this topic if you desire.

Where are the crashes taking place (be specific)?

What AC are you flying?

What altitude and course?

What tweaks have you added to P3Dv3?

Physical setup of P3Dv3 = computer specs and what drive media is it on?

Archived