P3Dv3 is my only Install Choice

windquest

Everything was fine and then it wasn't.  I have P3Dv2.4 and P3Dv3 on the same rig and all was well, but now any installation only allows the V3 choice.  In desperation, I I uninstalled all ORBX from both v2.4 and v3 following Tim's tutorial plus I deleted the ORBX file in app data.  After a reboot, I tried to install Global Base.  Once again, my only choice in the dropdown menu was P3Dv3  Obviously there is still something that needs to be removed, but I don't know what it is .  Can any one help?  I have thought of installing v2.5 as another solution, but I am afraid that a total re install may not fix things.....a re install of windows (probably needed) will, take care of it, but what a pain.

I suspect this happened from installing the latest lib, but I am not sure.......????

Thank you in advance.

Henry

Installers use your registry information, so if you only see P3Dv3 then that's all there is.

In your %localappdata% folder you will see the Orbx folder and within the FTXCentral folder under there you will see the Registryfix tool. You can run that to verify your P3Dv2 setup path.

Archived