Holgermesh for Prepar3d3 required?

pmb

Hi,

when I installed AUS into Prepar3d2 there was an accompanying free Holgermesh which was required as AUS ifself did not contain any mesh (as far as I understand).

After the recent release of the AUS Prepar3d3 installer, does this contain the Holgemesh (I suppose, not), will it be released separately with a quad installer or should we use the FTX compatible Pilot's mesh?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

AUS Holgermesh is not mandatory, but you can use it. It enhances default mesh data. You can easily use another mesh data addon. Pilots Global 2010 or Ultimate, FreeMeshX and others..

If you have Holgermesh installed in P3Dv2 you can just add folder where mesh is installed to scenery library or you can copy it to P3Dv3 and add it from this location.

I have P3D2 installed, but I don't like the idea of copying for ORBX sceneries over. Holgermesh is inserted into a certain place in the ORBX range in the scenery library and I think it gets activated/deactivated according to region. I don't think this mechanism will work if simply added to the libary. It's also not added to FTX Central 2 this way, I suppose.

I'll just use the Pilot's mesh for now, but a clean solution would be welcome.

Kind regards, Michael

I have P3D2 installed, but I don't like the idea of copying for ORBX sceneries over. Holgermesh is inserted into a certain place in the ORBX range in the scenery library and I think it gets activated/deactivated according to region. I don't think this mechanism will work if simply added to the libary. It's also not added to FTX Central 2 this way, I suppose.

I'll just use the Pilot's mesh for now, but a clean solution would be welcome.

Kind regards, Michael

Michael, if you have Pilots mesh, then you do not need Holgermesh anymore as Pilots covers same area with minimum mesh resolution as Holgermesh.

Archived