Open LC Canada & Alaska & P3D v3 reinstall.

Rolfspan

I recently reinstalled Open LC Canada & Alaska into P3D v3. It appears to have totally messed up the scenery placing land off the Coast off CYSJ in the Bay of Fundy. The Ocean water has a yellow tinge to it. What I would like to do is to uninstall it but I am not certain how to do it correctly. I hope that another install will correct whatever the problem is.

Thank you.

Rolf

I am trying to find a solution to my problem of having scenery show where it should not be. I have gone through with some suggestions such as refreshing the terrain.cfg file, cycling FTX Central but nothing corrects the problem. Is there a way that I can re-install  olc NA?

I am not certain whether that is what the problem is but I do want to find a solution. Another curious thing happens when I press "Apply Group" in FTX Central, a Terrain Configuration Error pops up. It states that the Terrain.cfg file does not contain a (Landclass) section. Please make sure you have the latest Orbx Libraries installed.

Which I have (15/10/01).

In P3D v3 Scenery Library  the following shows;

1 FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

2 Fredericton NB CYFC

then 9 Simaddons airport entries followed by Orbx!openlc_Europe (10  entries) and two open lc entries for NA and Orbx openlc_base.

That is followed by Bathymetry and a number of airports starting with Fort Rucker. That in turn is followed by regions such as South America, Oceania, Western North America  etc until we hi # 50 which start my FS Global 2012 (LocalMeshes) and the rest of the Pilots  fs global 2010 continental meshes.

I hope with this information, someone can steer me in the right direction. 

Thank you.

Hi Rolf,

FYI openLC NA can be completely disabled by unchecking the ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2 entry in the scenery library menu.

Having said that the error message about the missing Landclass section indicates that your attempt to refresh terrain.cfg hasn't worked. Please note that since P3D v2.5 the active terrain.cfg resides in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 or C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3, respectively.

I've updated the post that explains how to refresh terrain.cfg: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

Cheers, Holger

Archived