All texture is messed and loading screen time takes 16 minutes ?

cptokan

Hello,
Today I bought FTX Global and FTX EU Vector. I didnt install vector yet as i couldnt properly run FTX Global in the first place.

Information:

FSX Steam

System: Windows 8.1 Turkish

CPU: i7 4.0ghz

Ram: 24gb

Graphic: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760

There was an old standart FSX installation on my computer, I uninstall it last week when i switched to fsx steam, maybe reason ?

No any other addon or scenery.

My Diagnostic Report Code: ota91623f87e5f71f01a6e382234bcdbdf

I have no FPS issues or lag, I got 60 FPS all the time without a single stuttering and FSX Steam was working perfectly before FTX Global, so it is not my hardware i think.

Problems:

1.) All textures are messed and no buildings. See the secreen shoots. 

2.) FSX flight Loading screen takes 16-17 minutes to load terrain data completely. After 16 minutes waiting, i see the world as in the screen images below. Before FTX Global, my fsx loading screen was taking 1 and half second or 2.

Solutions I've tried:

- Editing scenery.cfg for Turkish windows issue, http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/34336-black-textures-everywhere/?hl=texture_id#entry296164

- Replaced scenery.cfg at program data/microsoft/fsx with original and applied group, http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/104307-unable-to-see-buildings-in-most-of-my-scenery-areas/#entry942040

- Installed latest library as the FTX Central 2 was telling me to install new update.

- DX10 enabled with steve fix

- DX10 disabled and tried dx9 (It takes 21 minutes to load with dx9 worst then dx10.)

- Deleting fsx.cfg and recreating it with fsx start.

And still cant fix the problem. I assume FTX Global couldnt install itself properly, it looks like it has something missing. I'm very frustrated and sad, about to give up.

2015_10_19_00004.jpg

2015_10_19_00002.jpg

Welcome.

I wonder if your terrain.cfg file has become corrupt.

Here is a topic that explains how to correct it

Hi Nick!

I have tried that fix as well. I forget to mention. However, I believe that fix is outdated. There was no terrain.cfg file in \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder but there was terrain_global.cfg anyway, I have renamed it as terrain.cfg and copied to main FSX folder as it is said and when i apply group in the central, it shows a red error screen was saying something like "no terrain 07 found in" terrain.cfg, so it was failed. I had to replace with original terrain.cfg back and tried to run apply group, it has worked but still not fixed the issue.

Here is a copy of the default terrain.cfg for you to try.

I have just uninstalled FSX Steam version and cleared regedit, all folders etc. I installed standart FSX version + FTX Global only and unfortunately, it is the same after i installed FTX. Then I have tried the terrain.cfg you sent me, replaced with the default one in the fsx folder, clicked apply group and it is still didnt fix.

One thing is fixed, the load time problem is now fixed, the scenery loads in 6 seconds. However, whole textures are still the same no buildings and mess. I dont know the reason. I guess it is something related to Turkish windows or maybe the new ORBLIB update 1.15 ? I already checked the scenery.cfg under the program data and it has Texture_ID=1 with default installation of FTX Global.

I just generated a new diagnostic code as i have uninstalled the fsx steam and installed normal fsx. Code: otb5f5ad7cbe61605ec95fa305a04aae7d

I'm desperately searching for solution ..

I can see straight away that your scenery.cfg has the "Turkish Windows" problem

which you said you had fixed.

Yours reads

[Area.001]Title=Default TerrainLocal=Scenery\WorldLayer=1Active=TRUERequired=TRUE

it should read

[Area.001]
Title=Default Terrain
Texture_ID=1
Local=Scenery\World
Layer=1
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

if you go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg,

open it with Notepad and add the missing line to

[Area.001], you may then see the scenery as it should be.

I have also looked at your first diagnostic report and the scenery.cfg file

had the same fault when you generated that one.

Looking back at the topic, it looks as if there never was a fix and it is likely

that you will need to correct this error each time you use FTX Central.

Hi Nick!

After your reply I have noticed a strange bug or error whatever call it. I was %100 sure that the file "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg" was updated and Texture_ID=1 was there, and I have updated it several times that i cannot count.

After your reply I have searched the entire c:\users folder for scenery.cfg and I have found another scenery.cfg file with TR Windows issue, it was strangely in use by FSX. It was located at "C:\users\user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg" I have removed this file and the issue is fixed. I cant believe I have 3 times fsx installed today but it was that simple and i was keep editing the scenery.cfg file. I have no idea how that another scenery.cfg is located there. It must be fsx steam bug or something.

However, as a future refence I recommend to keep this thread for people may have the same problem with me, so they can fix their issue before pulling their hair as i did and they need to know that there can be multiple scenery.cfg files under the c:/users/appdata, the best way is to search the file. I will stick with standart FSX at this time, until everything is fine with fsx steam, right now fs recorder is not working and there are some other issues with fsx steam i have noticed.

Thanks for help.

I also just wanted to share a picture, this is my hometown. This screen image is just pure FSX + FTX Global without any other addon, do you see the long straight line light which is the main road to my city. I used to drive this way everyday to go university 7 years ago. I cannot say how much happy I'm now :)) There was no buildings, lights and this area was like a desert before ftx global. The image quality is not good, I will make some HD images and videos from Turkey and will share with you guys soon. Thanks for developing such a great product.

lights.jpg

Archived