FTX thinks I have both FSX and FSX:SE but I only have FSX:SE

sunjunkiesi

I have found that one of the ORBX sceneries is causing me a slow load-in, with the system hanging at 6% for anything up to 20 minutes before letting the game load in.  In investigating causes, I have realised that my FTX Central 2 thinks I have both FSX and FSX:SE installed.  When I run it, it asks me which version I want to control, and of course I have no way of knowing which one is right.  Regfix shows that both versions of the game are located in the same place, steam\steamapps\common\fsx

I can't find a way for FTX Central to "forget" the FSX installation, and to concentrate on the FSX:SE version.  Any help would be great!

Many thanks

Well I have identified the slow loading culprit, it would appear that ORBXLIBS is the one that causes a slow-down around 6% loading mark, though it is now reduced to around 20-30 seconds rather than minutes.  However, deleting and re-installing the ORBX products one by one, starting with Trees and then adding the PNW and England areas hasn't resolved the FTXCentral deciding to offer me the choice of FSX or FSXSE before loading in.  Everything works if I choose the FSX option, but I can't help but think something somewhere is going wrong, and may be the reason for my slowdown on load-in.  

I did download the Steam version of Friday Harbour, and I wondered if this might have anything to do with it? 

Really hoping for a tech response on this.

This is probably your problem. Friday Harbour is only for Steam Edition right now. FSX boxed is not available yet.So the installer created a different scenery structure for SE.

Orbx are working on making this airport compatible with the boxed version of FSX and the currently planned release date is 15th Dec.

Regards,

Hi,

I also installed the steam Friday Harbour into FSX SE and the pause at 6% on loading went from under 3 minutes to more than 10 minutes. I uninstalled it and all returned to normal. I will wait for the Orbx release.  Not much help I`m afraid except it may suggest that this is separate to your other problem

best regards

Thanks Reg

Small comfort to know I am not alone with this problem, but an ingoing issue nonetheless.  Things have deteriorated with my setup now - I can't "end flight" without FSX crashing out, it takes aaaages to load in and once I'm in I'm getting graphic issues and very low frame rates on what is, ostensibly, a very high spec machine.  I appreciate that these things may not all be related, but it does all seem very coincidental that an otherwise stable setup should deteriorate so badly once I start having this issue with FTXCentral2.

Sorry for  the delay , yes I had all sorts of  problems . I uninstalled the Friday harbour  making sure all files were removed and got things back to normal , untick the install on steam and  check the dlc file in fsx to ensure all kfhr files are removed. [don`t forget to untick and delete the entries in scenery library first]

In fairness I must say that Dovetail games were helpful but with all those problems I decided to wait for Orbx.

Hope this is of some help, cheers

Thanks Wedge

In the face of overwhelming silence from both ORBX and Dovetail support staff, I've fiddled around myself and have found that de-activating the objectflow dll in orbxlibs using the moduleinstaller has solved the problem.  It would appear to me that the dovetail KFHR objectflow installation somehow screws with the FTX installation.

Archived