A couple of questions regarding Global if I may.

P3D v3 has been worth the early adoption for me personally, just being able to ramp everything up without lag/stutter/flickering is worth it alone.

Global and Europe LC are installed and looking lovely, but without Vector, not as lovely as it could be. My couple of questions....

1. When Vector is updated for P3D v3, will the Pilot's mesh coincide with the release? I know Orbx isn't Pilot's, but I also know you guys have a close relationship, so I'm hoping Orbx has received an answer of some kind, because I've had no reply to an email I sent Pilot's asking about a v3 installer update. Vector adds a lovely layer of realism to the sim, but for me, it's the mesh that really makes the Global package look finished.

2. Is there any more work to be carried out on Vector in the future regarding optimisation? Or is it as good as it gets and the significant performance hit simply part and parcel of such an add-on?

Ta.  

Hi Storm,

1 - JV has asked PILOTs to provide a V3 installer for the mesh (if you currently have it installed in FSX/P3Dv2 you can just add it to the V3 scenery library, I think thats what most folks have done in the meantime)

2 - No idea on optimization, only PILOTs could answer that, I do think its just 'part n parcel' though as it does include a mindbogglingly huge amount of vector to the entire globe, I would suggest just turning off some feature/s you care less about (traffic I never use), but I do know theres more updates on the way (for Papua New Guinea for example)

Archived