ORBX Global installation

KeithV

I have had ORBX ENGLAND AND WALES FOR SOMETIME. BEING IMPRESSED, I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULD GETBTHE GLOBAL, WHICH I DOWNLOADED YESTERDAY AND AGAIN THIS MORNING.

GOES ALL THE WAY THROUGH NO PROBLEMS UNTILL IT ASKS YOU TO INSERT DISC TWO, WHICH OF COURSE AS A DOWNLOADED PRODUCT I DONT HAVE.NIT THEN DAYS IF YOU HAVNT, IT ASKS YOU WHERE IT CAN FIND REST OF INFO. I MADE A FEW TRYS,NAS I DONT KNOW. BUT IN THE END I HAVE TO ABORT. DOWNLOADED TWICE IN CASE CURRUPTED FILE, AND TRIED TO INSTALL 4/5 TIMES BUT SAME RESULT

ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATEFUL

KeithV

Hello Keith,

Welcome to the forums.

Please don't write in capital letters.

The file you have downloaded is a .zip file.

Before you can run the installer, you must unzip it

to a folder of your choice.

To do this, you can use Winzip or 7zip, both of which

have free or trial versions.

Once you nave done this, right click on the .exe file and select

Run as Administrator.

By the way, where did you buy FTX EU Wales from?

Hello Nick,

Thanks for returning so promptly. Sorry, didn't know capitals against the rules. I am not new to FSX been at it a few years. I do use WIZIP always have. Think if I remember rightly when downloading Wales and England I had to open in file. Didn't do it this time, just opened the exe. File, as said all went well UNTILL asked to insert a disc, I have Administrator right to FSX etc but will ensure it when I retry. Trouble is getting old now and forgetting a lot. So will will and enter a post with result.

I thought I bought all three from Flight Store, but I noticed that my record showed only two, the only other supplier I use is the FSPILOTSHOP.so will check back on my records to check.

Thanks again Nick

Regards. Keith

Hello Nick

Did all you said, all working well. Quite surprised at the difference in scenery quality, just looking briefly. I thought that I might have had to swop over to Europe. To get benefits for England and Wales, but seem to get sake in Global. Though I suspect it might not do it for large airports like Cardiff. But will be fun finding out.

Anyway thanks again for your help

Regards

Keith

Hi Nick

In reply re ORBX Wales. Purchased fro. flight Store, apparently posted to me so explains it.

your order, placed on the 18 August 2015, 18:06.

Your order number is 236401 (WEB236401)

Order Reference: 236401 (WEB236401)

Order Status: Payment Authorised

Payment Method: PaypalExpress

Delivery Method: Royal Mail 1st Class

Regards

Keith

Archived