Missing Wind turbines in FTX Norway

JonasBecsan

Hi.

I recently purchased FTX Norway, my first ever Orbx scenery package and I'm absolutely amazed, it's like flying in a new simulator!

For some reason though, the wind turbines aren't showing up. I've flown over three designated areas I know there are wind farms and I know that at least one of those areas have wind turbines included in FTX Norway (Havøysund), as I saw a screenshot from a review displaying that particular wind farm.

I have attached a screenshot showing Havøysund where turbines are completely absent. "Windfarm turbines" is checked in the control panel.

Running FSX Steam Edition. Display settinga are set to the recommended ones in the FTX Norway manual. Autogen is set to extremely dense.

2015-10-05_00003_zpsoy3sk6s8.jpg

Hi there,

glad to hear you're enjoying FTX NOR.

I assume that you already have the current Orbx Libraries installed? https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

They are required for many of the custom objects to display. If that's the case then please check that you have file named FTX_EU_NOR_objects_windfarms_n50_PLC.BGL, in \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY\scenery.

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

glad to hear you're enjoying FTX NOR.

I assume that you already have the current Orbx Libraries installed? https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

They are required for many of the custom objects to display. If that's the case then please check that you have file named FTX_EU_NOR_objects_windfarms_n50_PLC.BGL, in \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY\scenery.

Cheers, Holger

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

I wasn't aware that you needed Orbx Libraries installed, but I've got that sorted out now. However, there are still no turbines present in the sim. I double checked the settings in the control panel after updating. The FTX_EU_NOR_objects_windfarms_n50_PLC.BGL file is indeed located in the right folder.

Hi Jonas,

hmm, some of the wind farms only got added with the NOR service pack 1, perhaps Havøysund was one of those locations. Does FTX Central v2 give you a red warning that an update is available for NOR? If so please install the update from the bottom of the product page: https://www.fullterrain.com/product/nor

Cheers, Holger

Hi Jonas,

hmm, some of the wind farms only got added with the NOR service pack 1, perhaps Havøysund was one of those locations. Does FTX Central v2 give you a red warning that an update is available for NOR? If so please install the update from the bottom of the product page: https://www.fullterrain.com/product/nor

Cheers, Holger

Hi,

Yep that patch is already installed.

Hi there,

well, if the files are in place, the object libraries up to date, and the scenery complexity slider at least at Normal, then the windfarms have to display unless something else at higher priority in the scenery library excludes them again. Are you using any third-party add-ons for Norway? 

I've double-checked on my PC and the turbines are definitely there. Do you see the other windfarms in NOR (see FTX EU NOR Coverage and Features Map.kmz for specific locations)? How about other custom objects marked in the kmz file, e.g., lighthouses and larger bridges?

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

well, if the files are in place, the object libraries up to date, and the scenery complexity slider at least at Normal, then the windfarms have to display unless something else at higher priority in the scenery library excludes them again. Are you using any third-party add-ons for Norway? 

I've double-checked on my PC and the turbines are definitely there. Do you see the other windfarms in NOR (see FTX EU NOR Coverage and Features Map.kmz for specific locations)? How about other custom objects marked in the kmz file, e.g., lighthouses and larger bridges?

Cheers, Holger

No other addons installed scenery wise (Except FTX Trees HD.) Checked several other designated wind farm areas and no turbines were there. Custom objects such as bridges are present.

Hi there,

not sure what else to suggest. The two required files are:

Orbxlibs_windtowers.BGL, in \ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery, dated 11/19/2013

FTX_EU_NOR_objects_windfarms_n50_PLC.BGL, in \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY\scenery, dated 1/28/2015

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

not sure what else to suggest. The two required files are:

Orbxlibs_windtowers.BGL, in \ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery, dated 11/19/2013

FTX_EU_NOR_objects_windfarms_n50_PLC.BGL, in \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NOR_05_SCENERY\scenery, dated 1/28/2015

Cheers, Holger

Both files are in their respective folders. Only difference is that the dates are one day off. Orbxlibs_windtowers.BGL 11/20/2013 FTX_EU_NOR_objects_windfarms_n50_PLC.BGL 1/29/2015

Not sure if this makes any difference or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived